Card Sketch Nov #1

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Happy Wednesday! And Happy card-sketch-versary! Exactly one year ago today I started posting my sketches here so I figured it would be fitting to go back in time and reuse the sketch (albeit a little spruced up sketch!). I really cannot believe it's been a year, totally flown by! And to think that back then there was just me doing a sketch and a sample... how things have progressed!!! Anyway here is this weeks sketch, and usual the digital template is available for download for a limited time.


My original card for this sketch got picked up for publication so I whipped up this one using SEI Kaboom. I love this line, no matter that its pretty old now. Got some more of it last month from one of my teams and I still love it. Especially the puffy stickers. Have a couple of projects planned out for these papers already. The "We're so sorry!" is reverse printed using this technique for printing in white text. Love this card! Inside greeting which reads "we forgot your BIRTHDAY!", also printed from computer.

Supplies: Paper, cardstock and sticker: SEI (Kaboom); Brads: Doodlebug; pen: sharpie; other: tag, photoshop

TIP: If you don't want to drag out the sewing machine then either use rub-ons, stamps or draw the stitching by hand with a pen.



Card by Wendy McGlinchey
Supplies:- A selection of Dye ink pads, Black Versafine ink pad, white card stock, black marker pen, Rubbadubbadoo Girl Power stamp set, yellow card stock and ribbon bow.



Card by Cindy Gilchrist
Supplies: Digital Pattern Papers and Elements: Saturday Market by Dani Mogstad, Digital Stitches: The Ultimate Stitch Collection by Dani Mogstad.



Card by Kelli Smith
supply list- Heidi swapp family stamp, heidi swapp flowers, Eksuccess flower punch, pp: luxe, mustard moon



Card by Jo Willis
Supplies: Amy Butler Sola papers, Crate paper (Twirl collection), Technique Tuesday stamps (Hanging by a thread), Heidi Grace sentiment stamp ( from Wild Daisy Road set), Colorbox chalk ink, flower from dismantled silk flower and button from my collection.



Card by Kelly Nelson
Supplies: Scraps of bazzil and unknown cardstock, American Crafts patterned paper, Stampin Up stamp, Versamagic ink, black zig pen, sewing thread and button, DMC embroidery thread, and handcut felt flower.



Card by Pearl Liu
supply list : Bo Bunny Double Dot Cardstock, Bo Bunny Glee pps, Q&Co Primary Felt Frenzy flowers



Card by Krista Pearl
Credits: Backgrounds and Elements - Jessica Gorny, Fallen, One of a Kind Scraps
Font- Pea Cami-Pea, Fonts for Peas




Card by Cheryl Meehan Supplies : Papers by Doodlebug, Stickeroo by Penny Black, Faux Stitching with Sakura Pen.



Card by Angela Shetzer
Credits: Winter kit by Amy Kropp; Font: Vivaldi & LCR Itz Snowflakes



BACK SOON!
HAPPY TO REPORT THAT JOLENES CARD
WAS PICKED UP FOR PUBLICATION!
Congrats Jolene!


Card by Jolene Johnston
Supplies: Bazzill cardstock, Die Cuts With a View Old World papers, Making Memories glitter brad, Oriental Trading flower, JoAnn rub on, machine stitching,Colorbox ink



As always hook me up in the comments if you do the sketch and I'll come check out your creations!

16 comments:

grambie November 7, 2007 at 4:02 PM  

Love your card sketch for this week with its wonderful stitched sections so artfully displayed with those beautiful patterns. All the variations attest to the beautiful and versatility of your fabulous designs. TFS.

So glad you had the opportunity to have a little rest from your many endeavors and also to enjoy your family. HUGS!

Melonie November 7, 2007 at 4:16 PM  

Ok I cheated a bit. I didn't sew or stich for this one. I used ribbon instead. Check it out on my blog.

Inma November 8, 2007 at 2:01 AM  

This week template is terrific and the cards are wonderful all them. :)

Thanks so much for sharing the cards with us and many thanks for the sketch. :)

Best wishes. :O)

Jane (Carroll's Creations) November 8, 2007 at 4:01 AM  

great sketch - here's my version

http://carrollscreations.blogspot.com/2007/11/di-hickman-card-sketch-41107.html

jane x

Misti November 8, 2007 at 9:47 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown November 8, 2007 at 11:02 AM  

Hi Di
Nice sketch this week.
here is my attempt at it.

http://wendyscraftingtimes.blogspot.com/

Anonymous,  November 8, 2007 at 11:07 AM  

thanks for sharing the template and the finished cards!

debby4000 November 9, 2007 at 1:31 AM  

Great sketch and will be really useful to use over and again. Mine card is here debby4000.blogspot.com/2007/11/di-hickman-wednesday-card-sketch.html

Rachel November 9, 2007 at 2:47 AM  

congrats on your first year - so many great sketches you have me visiting every week! my card is now available on my blog, thanks for looking xx

Unknown November 9, 2007 at 4:06 AM  

This is a really useful sketch which I am sure will be re-used many times! Stuck to Christmas again I'm afraid - still have loads to do. LOL x

http://craftandwaffle.blogspot.com/2007/11/di-hickman-card-sketch-nov-1.html

Jukie November 10, 2007 at 4:54 AM  

Great sketch this week! I have seen some fantastic takes on it, I hope you like mine.

http://montysmumscraftretreat.blogspot.com/

scrappa jack November 10, 2007 at 5:01 AM  

Here is my take on this sketch. http://scrappajack.blogspot.com/ Love all the cards they are fab.

Denise November 10, 2007 at 2:31 PM  

Loved this sketch Di, afraid I did not do it justice, but I had a go. Great cards on display as usual:-
http://densbloggers.blogspot.com/2007/11/di-hickman-card-sketch-november-1.html

Anonymous,  November 11, 2007 at 7:49 PM  

Here's my creation ... glad I found your blog:

http://ingeniousinkling.typepad.com/ingenious_inkling/2007/11/virtual-lipstic.html

Looby November 12, 2007 at 4:48 AM  

Happy Anniversary Di!! Thanks for another great sketch, my card is here:
http://scraphappylou.blogspot.com/2007/11/di-hickman-card-sketch-nov-1.html
Lou

Clare November 12, 2007 at 8:53 AM  

Great sketch, it reminded me of a patchwork quilt. You can see my version here -

http://passionforpaper.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com