Card Sketch Jan #4

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wow Wednesday already!!! Where is the week going? Well this weeks sketch is simple with lots of room for you're take on it, so show us what you got! As always the digital template will be available for a limited time in my digital store, grab it while you can! Also don't forget to check out the other templates in the store too!


I made 2 cards with this sketch so far, this one more closely followed the sketch than the other so I chose it for todays post. Using scraps from Fancy Pants, along with some lacey trim and a gold buckle, both from absolutely ages ago! Got some of Kim's stamps and wow that girl is so freakin' talented! Love this sentiment she has, and that is HER handwriting! (anyone else insanely jealous of her handwriting? mine is a total mess!) Anyway I'll share the other card soon.

"smooches"
Supplies: cardstock: DCWV; Papers: Fancy Pants: Buckle & Trim: unknown; Stamp: Kim Hughes for Cornish Heritage Farms; Ink: Tim Holtz/Ranger



Onto the sketch teams cards. Lots of interpretations of the sketch, each adding their own twist. I have to say for me, I love seeing the cards as they come in and getting inspired all over again by the sketch. So cool, so here are the sketch teams creations!

Card by Ruth Trice
Supplies: Paper by Basic Grey, TLC and Maria DeMarco, Stamps by Heidi Swapp, Stampin' Up! and Clever Cuts. Buckle and Ribon from my stash.



Card by Pearl Liu
Supplies: SEI's Penelope Potpourri pp & puff sticker , May Arts ribbon , K&Co Dimensional Heart sticker, Heidi Grace stick pin,



Card by Krista Pearl
Supplies: Jessica Gorny and Amy Watson, Happy Scrapz - Sweet Friendship, DigibyDesign; Font - Pea Carrie Script, Fonts for Peas



Card by Jo Willis
Supplies: Papermill card, Dovecraft paper, Nestabilities, Quickutz Studio skinni mini die-cuts, Prima flowers, Making Memories metal clip, unknown ribbons, white Signo pen, unknown gems.



Card by Beverley Todd
Supplies: Patterned paper & rub ons: DCWV; Ribbon slide: AMM; Micro dot
twinkle gems: A Muse; Ribbon, velvet ric rac, pearlised card: from stash




Card by Annette Taylor
Supplies: Bazzill Cardstock, Patterned Paper: Sassafrass Lass Dreamy, Petaloo Flowers, Heidi Grace Acryllic Stamps, Brilliance inks



Card by Linda Flinders



Card by Cindy Gilchrist
Supplies: Creative Imaginations Pattern Papers & Chipboard Sentiment, Bazzill Cardstock, Doodlebug Designs Button, My Minds Eye (green) Ribbon, Wrights White Ribbon, Red Gingham Ribbon (unknown brand), Doodlebug Designs Rub-On, Colorbox Chalk Ink.



Card by Kim Hughes
Supplies: Patterned Paper; Fancy Pants, Button; Autumn Leaves, Ribbon; Beaux Regards, Sticker; 7 Gypsies, Sand Block; Making Memories, Corner Rounder; EK Success



Card by Lynn Anne Cutler
Supplies: Giraffe stamp by Prickley Pear; Welcome stamp by Stampin' Up!; Exclusives cardstock by Prism; Patterned Paper by Creative Imaginations; Fine weave mesh by Magic Mesh; Ribbon by 7Gypsies; Retractable Craft Pick by Tonic Studios/Tim Holtz; Stampin' Write! markers, watercolor crayons and craft ink by Stampin' Up!; Versafine Ink (black); Zig 2 Way Glue Pen, UHU Scrapbookers' Pen, AdTech Permanent Glue Runner; also: finding from dollar store bracelet



Card by Jolene Johnston
Supplies: Die Cuts With a View card, Heidi Grace flocked tags, American Crafts ribbon, Colorbox chalk ink, Ranger Stickles, Basic Grey chipboard



Card by Kristin Shulz
Supplies: DCWV glitter card, Dreamstreet papers, Joanns sheer ribbon, Pebbles Ribbon slide, CM alphas, Tulip glitter 3D paint



Card by Kelli Smith
Supplies: Die Cut with a View paper, ranger stickles,hearts from the paper studio



Card by Jan Tatomir
Supplies: CS: Bazzill; PP: SEI; Paper Lace: KI Memories Pop Culture; Ribbon: Strano; Pin: Making Memories



Card by Natalie Dever
Supplies: Cardstock: Unknown from Hobby Lobby; Patterned Paper: Scrappin Sports and More; Cardstock Stickers: Scrappin Sports and More; Ribbon: May Arts; Brads: Paper Studio; Black bling: Doodlebug; Ink: Versafine; Stamp: Fancy Pants



Card by Wendy McGlinchey
Supplies: White card stock, Orange card stock, Sizzlet patterned papers, Black Ribbon, Gold Buckle, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Lyra water colour crayons, Black Versafine, Katie & Co text stamp, Penny Black Hedgie stamp.



Card by Raechelle Bellus
Supplies: cs: Bazzill; pp: Love, Elsie and Doodlebug; Doodlebug frill; Making Memories epoxy flower; Doodlebug rubons; Offray ribbon; chipboard journaling spot: Autumn Leaves Rhonna Farrer;



As usual if you make a card from the sketch, hook me up in the comments so I can come check them out!

more soon

Di

22 comments:

Raechelle Bellus January 23, 2008 at 10:48 AM  

gorgeous cards girls! I really like looking at everyones take on this! :)

armywife January 23, 2008 at 11:09 AM  

Same here! There are some real beauties this week that I'm just drooling over!

Unknown January 23, 2008 at 11:27 AM  

WOW! love everyone's cards!! great work!

Nancywithajones January 23, 2008 at 11:28 AM  

AWESOME SKETCH and awesome cards too YALL ROCKED IT!

Marlou McAlees January 23, 2008 at 4:44 PM  

Hi Di, I have joined in on this weeks sketch :)

www.scrappingwithlove.blogspot.com/

thanks x

Rachel January 24, 2008 at 2:45 AM  

so many gorgeous and very different cards. my take on it is now available on my blog, thanks for looking x

Anonymous,  January 24, 2008 at 3:46 AM  

gorgeous !
mine is here :
http://aurelei90.over-blog.com/

Unknown January 24, 2008 at 6:12 AM  

Perfect sketch for me this week and came just at the right time - as you will see from my BLOG. LOL xx

Denise January 24, 2008 at 6:41 AM  

Wow what a lot of DT cards for this one, how can any of us compete? Great sketch mine is on my blog:-
http://densbloggers.blogspot.com/2008/01/di-hickmans-card-sketch-jan-4.html

Karen M in FL January 24, 2008 at 7:29 AM  

Great card sketch. My son will love this. He's my card maker.

Looby January 24, 2008 at 10:12 AM  

I'm nice and early for once!! Great sketch! Mine's here:

http://scraphappylou.blogspot.com/2008/01/di-hickman-jan-4.html

Lou x

Unknown January 24, 2008 at 1:26 PM  

Ohhhh gorgeous sketch and samples! This is my first time playing along with your sketch challenges but it won't be the last!

Here is my design...
http://dihickman.blogspot.com/2008/01/card-sketch-jan-4.html

Annie January 25, 2008 at 7:19 AM  

Great sketch this week and some lovely cards from the DT. Mine is on my blog at http://inknrubba.blogspot.com/

Emma Joyner January 25, 2008 at 7:37 AM  

Great sketch, took me a couple of attempts - treat me nicely, I'm new to this!

Looking forward to coming back for more!
Thanks
Emma

http://emmascraftshed.blogspot.com/2008/01/getting-creative.html

Samm January 26, 2008 at 5:51 AM  

Gorgeous cards ladies! fab sketch Di!

Here's mine:

MY TWO SCOOPS CARD

Samm
x

scrappa jack January 26, 2008 at 8:38 AM  

Lovely sketch Di. Awesome cards from the team. Here is mine.
http://scrappajack.blogspot.com/

Kaz January 27, 2008 at 12:19 PM  

I finally got round to doing this one! I think I'll be using this again.

Unknown January 29, 2008 at 1:40 AM  

I'm late uploading week 3 so I've uploaded week 4 at the same time.

They're on my blog

http://freycob.blogspot.com

Rosie
x

Anonymous,  January 29, 2008 at 4:15 AM  

Another great sketch, Di. Love the DT's cards, too. This one was open to so many different takes, it's really a lot of fun to see what everyone came up with.
I really was impressed after making my card with what small scraps could be used on this one. So my card is completely scraps, which I totally love. I'm definitely going to be using this one again.
http://www.createmykeepsake.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=28376&cat=500&ppuser=1665

Nessa January 30, 2008 at 2:19 AM  

Thanks so much for the great sketch! I had a lot of fun with it!

http://onescraftylady.blogspot.com/2008/01/ive-gone-card-challenge-crazy.html

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com