Card Sketch Jan #5

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Happy Wednesday!!! Wow I cannot believe that January is almost over... where did the month go? I have to say that we all are ROCKING these card sketches!!! I am slightly behind in commenting but I'll catch up don't worry! Anyway here is this weeks sketch.... with the digital template available in my store. Don't forget while you're there to check out the other templates too!


I have to say that this was one of those sketches that happened 'after the fact'. Meaning I made the card first, then sketched it. Sometimes it happens that way, sometimes it's the sketch first. Mine is nice and simple with lots of (literal) white space. I love my cards like this, quick and easy too!

"Hello" card by Di Hickman
Supplies: Patterned paper: Dreamstreet (card), DCWV (envelope); Alpha: Miss Elizabeths; Ribbon: Maya Road; Other: Pens, staples;



Ok onto the sketch girls cards! Each week these girls amaze me with their creativity. I sent the sketches out, and they blow me away with all the different interpretations! Thanks girls!

"Get Well Soon" card by Kristin Shulz
Supplies: Dreamstreet and Basic Grey papers, American Crafts brads, Chip Chatter alphas, Ranger Tattered Rose ink, Souffle pen, Queen & Co felt, MM silk leaves



"Birthday" card by Jackie Price
Supplies: Scraps of Three Bugs in a Rug; Prima flowers; Rhinestone; Stickles



"Thinking of you" card by Beverley Todd
Supplies: Papers: Rusty Pickle; button, ribbon, card blank: from stash; rub-ons: free with a magazine; brown ink: Colorbox Fluid Chalk, Chestnut Roan; black pen: Zig Millenium 05



"Sweet" card by Chrys Rose
Supplies: Love, Elsie pattern paper and chipboard button; Daisy D's pattern paper; ribbon N/A; American Crafts thickers; Making Memories staples



"Happy Birthday" card by Jan Tatomir
Supplies: PP: Paper Salon; Ribbon: American Crafts; Rub: Crate; Copper Ring: Papier Valise; Bird Button: Rebecca Sower; LAce: Caro Lace; Other: machine stitching



"Pirate" card by Annette Taylor
Supplies: Supplies: Digi doodles from the Kate Hadfield collection at the LilyPad; Ribbon: from stash; Ricrac: Maya Road; Ink: Colorbox



"do lunch" card by Wendy McGlinchey
Supplies: White card, Sizzlet patterned papers, Navy Ribbon, Silver brads, clear gems, Stickles Icicles glitter glue, Sprinkle and Sparkle Stamp Plate 325 - Rodney Sea Critters.



"Herd it's your birthday" Card by Natalie Dever
Supplies: Patterned Papers: CTMH; Stamps: My Favorite Things; Ribbon: May Arts; Ink: Versafine; Big Button: Autumn Leaves; Pens: Sakura Glaze; Unknown: Cardstock, flower and little buttons



"the best" card by Jo Willis
Supplies: Papermill card, star paper by Anne Langpap for TwoPeas, polka dot paper from LetteringDelights.com, chipboard star covered with DCWV paper, doodled on and Glossy Accents, gingham ribbon, Papermania brad, Creative Café rub-on sentiment, black gel pen.



"Best Wishes" card by Linda Flinders



"Aloha" card by Jolene Johnston
Supplies: WorldWin cardstock, KI Memories paper, Colorbox chalk ink, Dream Designs flowers, JoAnn brad, Ribbon Trends rick rack, Basic Grey ribbon, Cricut & Opposites Attract cartridge, Walmart colored staples



"Super Cute friend" card by Kim Huges
Supplies: Patterned and Solid Paper: Basic Grey; Alphabet Stickers: Basic Grey; Flower: Prima; Button: Autumn Leaves; Ribbon: Beaux Regards



"Chicken Soupy" card by Lynn Anne Cutler
Supplies: Stamps (If Droopy; Lady Chicken) by Ruth's Jewish Stamps; Patterned Paper by Shalom Scrapper; Cardstock, twill ribbon and watercolor crayons by Stampin' Up!; Versafine ink; UHU glue stick; AdTech glue runner; Tonic Studios Tim Holtz craft scratcher



"Birthday Wishes" card by Raechelle Bellus
Supplies: pp, die cuts and sticker: Scenic Route; Black pen; staples



Don't forget if you create something with the sketch, hook me up in the comments! I love to come check them out!

more soon!

Di

19 comments:

Unknown January 31, 2008 at 2:43 AM  

Thanks Di for another fabby sketch. I love the DT cards. The "chicken soupy" one is a hoot! My efforts are on my BLOG. Lol Lynn x

Pink Blossom Creations January 31, 2008 at 3:34 AM  

Great sketch again. i have done last weeks too but its further done my blog.
Just uploaded this weeks

caroline x

Angie C January 31, 2008 at 8:42 AM  

This is my fist time taking part in one of your challenges :-) I've put my card on my blog http://angiec-crafting.blogspot.com/2008/01/di-hickman-challenge.html

Angie C January 31, 2008 at 8:43 AM  

Ooops, forgot to say I love your blog and all the DT project are great.

Looby January 31, 2008 at 9:02 AM  

I'm quite early this week for a change! LOL My take is here:

http://scraphappylou.blogspot.com/2008/01/di-hickman-jan-5.html

Lou xx

Fab January 31, 2008 at 9:50 AM  

Hi Di,

I'm another NOOBIE attempting your sketch. I hope I didn't make a total fool of myself ! LOL

Hugz from West London
Fabrizio

http://craftingmad.blogspot.com/2008/01/di-hickman-card-sketch-5.html

Rachel February 1, 2008 at 8:49 AM  

great sketch and cards, mine is now available on my blog, thanks for lookinx

scrappa jack February 1, 2008 at 12:32 PM  

Great sketch and some lovely cards form the team.
Here is my
http://scrappajack.blogspot.com/

Samm February 1, 2008 at 1:05 PM  

Lovely cards ladies again!!!

Here's mine:

MY ANGUS DOGGY CARD

Samm
x

debby4000 February 2, 2008 at 1:21 AM  

Fabulous card DT and another great sketch Di.
Here's mine
http://debby4000.blogspot.com/2008/02/di-hickman-5.html

Deanne Clarke February 2, 2008 at 9:04 AM  

Hi!

I created a card using your sketch as inspiration!

http://a-scrapaddict.blogspot.com/2008/02/snowing-again.html

Unknown February 3, 2008 at 6:50 AM  

My interpretation of your sketch is on my blog Di!

Thanks for another great sketch.


Rosie
x

Anonymous,  February 3, 2008 at 9:34 AM  

Another fab sketch - love the DT cards. Here is mine.:)
Thanks for looking.

Vanessa.

Denise February 3, 2008 at 9:40 AM  

I just adore the "chicken soupy card", great work....here is mine:-
http://densbloggers.blogspot.com/2008/02/di-hickman-sketch-challenge-5.html

Annie February 5, 2008 at 4:41 AM  

I love that chicken soupie stamp! Just sneeking in here at the last minute with my little card! it's on my blog at
http://inknrubba.blogspot.com/

Unknown February 5, 2008 at 10:26 AM  

Loving the sketch and samples as always! Here's my little baby card design...
http://bellepapier.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2008/02/05/sweet-and-simple/

Thanks for the challenge!

Kim Costello February 5, 2008 at 1:29 PM  

Great sketch again and wonderful dt smples! So I had a go, you can see my creation on my blog

http://paperbabe.blogspot.com/

Thanks for challenging!

Anonymous,  February 6, 2008 at 8:08 AM  

I'm so lovin' playing along with your sketches, Di! Love the inspiration and the lovely DT cards.
Here's mine:
http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?set=recent&gallery=1&cmd=display&layout_id=1297021

Coley February 27, 2008 at 12:33 AM  

Well my entry is a bit late but see it here...

http://redartscrapping.blogspot.com


x

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com