Card Sketch February #4

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wow, it's almost March! Feeling a little like the months are getting away from me already in 2008! Doesn't seem long since the last card sketch does it (or is it just me?). Anyway here is this weeks design, something a little different from me, but I like it! As always the digital template is available for free for a short while in my digital store.


My card this week is a little fancy for me, but I am loving it! Definitely submitting this one! But then I love it so it won't get picked up (that seems to be the way)! This is a little sneak peak at the March kit from Scrapbook Sussies, I'm their guest designer for March so I'll be sharing some creations throughout March using their kit!

"Wish" card by Di Hickman
Supplies: Scallop Cardstock: Bazzill; *Patterned Paper by Best Creations; *Flower: Heidi Swapp; *Rub-ons: Heidi Grace; *Button: Making Memories; Ribbon: Offray; Stickles (*all from Scrapbook Sussies March kit)




Have you noticed how each week a majority of the girls seem drawn to certain colors? It's very evident this week that most of us were in a blues and greens mood. I swear I had NO hand in that, none whatsoever. The only direction I give the girls is the sketch... anyone would think they were psychic!

"You're in my thoughts" card by Raechelle Bellus
Supplies: pp and chipboard: K&Co; rubon: DeJa Views; Embroidery Floss; machine stitching; scalloped paper circle unknown; Colorbox ink




"thank you" card by Chrys Rose
Supplies: Creative Imaginations pattern paper and stickers; Making Memories rub on; Prima flowers; Foofala button; ribbon




"thank you" card by Natalie Dever
Supplies: Cardstock: Hobby Lobby; Patterned Papers: Collage Press; Letter Stickers: Collage Press; Other: Doodlebug frills, Versafine ink, ribbon, buttons, machine stitching. Queen and Co felt.



"for you" card by Jolene Johnston
Supplies: WorldWin cardstock, Making Memories 5th Ave. Sophia paper, ribbon and chipboard shape, Doodlebug paper frills, American Crafts Thickers, Ranger Stickles, Inkadinkado stamp, StazOn and Colorbox chalk inks, Marvy le Plume II markers, Marvy Uchida scalloped circle punch




"together" card by Kelli Smith
Supplies: DCWV all dress up paper, chipboard circle, various flowers, brads, twill ribbon cut in half lengthwise, buttons, Luxe rubon



"cherish" card by Kim Hughes
Supplies: All Supplies by Making Memories



"escape" card by Pearl Liu
Supplies: Supply list : Bazzill Vanilla CS, Scenic Route Sumner pps & Chipboard , Jenni Bowlin ticket, Q&Co brads , Versa Magic chalk inks




"hello" card by Jo Willis
Supplies: My Minds Eye (Wild Asparagus) papers, 7Gypsies chipboard, Ranger crackle paint, Nestabilities dies, Maya Road chipboard bird, Magic motifs flock, Creative Imaginations ribbon, MoBe Beatnik alphabet stamps, black Versafine ink, black and white gel pens
.




"thinking of you" card by Kristin Shulz
Supplies: Bazzill cardstock; Flowers: Die cut felt, Maya Road and Prima; Hambly transparency; $1 bin stamps and Staz On ink; K & Co pearl; Queen & Co sequin




"Hello" card by Lynn Anne Cutler
Supplies: Tinkering Ink papers (Beloved); Stampin’ Up! Stickers; Copic Ciao Marker; AdTech Permanent Bond Glue Runner



"Congratulations" card by Liz Davidson
Supplies:- The pink is from Junkitz Salsa pad. The beige cut out lace is by Lakeland Ltd. Pink Heart Ribbon by Offray. Stamp by Clever Cuts (online stamp store) Gem, by paperchase, scrap of pink ribbon made into a bow. Sentiment written by hand with a Sakura glaze pen in black. The image was painted with standard water colours.




"Mother" card by Beverley Todd
Supplies: Papers: We R Memory Keepers; Punches: MarvyMega Scalloped Circle & 2";
Circle; Flower: Die cut from Friendly Felt (Ellison Thick Cuts Daisy #1); Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink, Real Red; Alpha Stamps: Hero Arts; Gems: A Muse Micro Dot Twinkle Stickers; Ribbon, button & card blank from stash.




"Sweet" card by Cindy Gilchrist
Supplies: Digital Papers and Embellishment from the Story Time Kit by Katie Pertiet, Ribbon by Basic Basic, Rub-On by Cosmo Cricket and Colorbox Chalk Ink.



"Always" card by Jan Tatomir
Supplies:- Letters: EK Success; Card Base: Archiver's; Handmade Flower: "Dahlia" instructions by Judy Headrick; Cardstock: Stampin' Up; PP: My Mind's Eye; Brad & Velvet ribbon: Making Memories; Lace: JoAnns; Ink: EZ Walnut Ink by Fiber Scraps, Ranger Distress Ink; Paper Trim: K&Company Adhesive Paper Ribbon




"For You" card by Annette Taylor
Supplies: Scalloped circle and die-cut – Scrapagogo, Stamp – Clear Expressions, Cardstock – Bazzill, Patterned Paper – Sassafrass Lass, Dew drops and Stickles




"Happy Easter" card by Krista Pearl
Credits: Felt Bird and Speech Bubble - Candice Wong, Felty Friends; Backgrounds - Candice Wong, Spring time Solids and Spring time pattern papers; Font - Candice Wong, Childs Play; All from digigirlsdesigns.com




"fun" card by Rosemary Guthrie
Supplies:- Printed paper - SEI Hippie Chick. Green paper - Rhonna Farrer. Flowers - Sizzix. Chipboard word - Bubbly Funk. Ribbon - Ribbon Mad.



"birthday driveby" card by Kelly Nelson
Supplies: Stampin Up Loads of Love stamp set, Stampin Up cardstock, Stampin Up inks, Pebbles Inc chalks, unknown handmade paper, brads, twine



"Best Wishes" card by Linda Flinders



"4 U" card by Wendy McGlinchey
Supplies:- DCWV Patterned Paper, Cream and White card stock, Copic Pens in various colours, Satin Ribbon, die cut flowers and letters, Magnolia Cupcakes Stamps.




As usual hook me up the comments if you do the sketch, and I'll come by and check it out!

more soon!

Di

15 comments:

Angie C February 27, 2008 at 10:05 AM  

Wow Di, I love the sketch and all the DT cards are fab.

Carolyn Mcavoy February 27, 2008 at 11:19 AM  

Great job ladies love all the cards. TFS your Beautiful Cards

Fab February 27, 2008 at 12:29 PM  

Lovely sketch and gorgeous examples, I love them all.

Here's my bright and cheerful take on the sketch:

Simply Irresistible Card

Unknown February 27, 2008 at 2:02 PM  

Di, thanks so much for inviting me to be guest sketch team member for February. I had loads of fun!

Great sketches from everyone again th is week.

Rosie
xx

Anonymous,  February 27, 2008 at 2:34 PM  

love all the cards... thanks for the freebie!

Unknown February 28, 2008 at 5:54 AM  

What beautiful DT cards in wonderful colours! My card is on my blog. Lol Lynn x

craftyb February 28, 2008 at 6:29 AM  

Hi D, this is my first time using one of your sketches - I LOVED this one! Here's my card...bx

http://craftybe.blogspot.com/2008/02/di-hickmans-sketch.html

Jane (Carroll's Creations) February 29, 2008 at 1:22 AM  

great sketch and adore the samples

here's mine

jane x

http://carrollscreations.blogspot.com/2008/02/di-hickman-card-sketch-270208.html

Louly February 29, 2008 at 4:34 AM  

I really enjoyed this sketch, thanks Di.It's on my blog.

Jackie March 1, 2008 at 2:50 AM  

Lovely sketch to play with. I've just added my card to my blog.

http://party-nights-creations.blogspot.com/

I'm really looking forward to my stint as guest designer in June :)

debby4000 March 2, 2008 at 2:19 AM  

I've done mine and I've used layout sketch for Feb too
http://debby4000.blogspot.com/2008/03/dis-sketch-4.html

Jeannette March 2, 2008 at 3:40 AM  

Hi here's my card, all the cards are fab, well done evryone.
http://jeannettespages.blogspot.com/

Denise March 2, 2008 at 2:27 PM  

Wow, what a lot of fantastic cards from the dt team.....mine is on my blog:-http://densbloggers.blogspot.com/2008/03/di-hickman-sketch-challenge.html

Susie Little March 8, 2008 at 12:12 PM  

Hi,

Here's mine.........

http://whiteribboncards.blogspot.com/2008/03/about-time-i-caught-up.html

Susie xx

Made by Mandy March 11, 2008 at 12:00 PM  

Hi Di,

Loving all the samples, this is lovely sketch.

This is my card

http://amandacruxton.blogspot.com/2008/03/mothers-day-card-di-hickman-sketch-feb.html

Love

Mandy

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com