Card Sketch January #2

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Happy Wednesday!!! Hope everyone is back into the swing of things now. Here things are still kind of 'up in the air' as I have lots of deadlines coming up, and lots of work to do. No complaints though, I'd rather be busy!!! This weeks sketch should get you all thinking! The flower design is just a suggestion, go with it, see what you can turn it into! The digital template is available for download in my store.


Still using my stash! The patterned paper is from a stack last Summer I think. I do love the pink (and that's saying something for me!). This card actually turned out after a mistake. I dug out the Heidi Swapp fuzzy rub-ons and thought they were black, and they were pink. So a quick reshuffle of papers and the result is this card.

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Patterned Paper: DCWV; Fuzzy rub-ons: Heidi Swapp; Tag: unknown (from my stash); Ribbon:Offray; Rhinestones: Westrim Crafts;

Also this was my first time actually USING the fuzzy rub-ons and I love them! Little on the fiddly side to use but I love the look. And I had to add the bling just because... it's bling! So in all a happy accident but I love it!




First up this week is Kim's card. Kim turned the sketch to make this beautiful 'love' card! She chose to use the swirl and heart ontop to mimic a flower. Love that. Great card Kim!

Card by Kim Hughes
Supplies: Paper: (blue) Cosmo Cricket, (red) Basic Grey, (torn notebook paper) Making Memories; Grungeboard: Tim Holtz; Ink: Clearsnap; Brads: Imaginisce; Stamp: Cornish Heritage Farms; Card Stock: (cream) Bazzill



I just adore this project by Cindy! She chose to go altered this week (love her creativity!) and decorated a notebook! Love these papers, just so bright and colorful!

Card by Cindy Gilchrist
Supplies: K&Co pattern papers, Basic Grey ribbon, K&Co felt flowers, Stampin Up "Cherish" stamp, Colorbox Chalk Ink. Additional Supplies: Chipboard, Sprial Binding Machine & Spiral Coil, Machine Stitching.



Jo chose the literal interpretation of the sketch and used flowers on her card. The bright colors really pop! Notice too how Jo tied in the black ribbon with the black flower centers! Great job!

Card by Jo Willis
Supplies: Papermill card, DCWV paper (from Spring Stack), Cactus Pink stamps (seeds), black Perfect Pearls ink, Pearl-ex powder (spring green), Prima flowers, black Dovecraft brads, Studio G stamp, black Brilliance ink, black Sakura Micron pen, May Arts organza ribbon



This card is by Kelly, she rocked the sketch this week! Love the ribbon, and the colors could make this a card for a girlfriend or a guyfriend ;) Beautiful card!

Card by Kelly Nelson Supplies: White cardstock, Chatterbox patterned papers, Autumn Leaves stamp, Karen Foster stamps, Versa mark inks, Kaisercraft gems, Organza ribbon



Jolene's card features the beautiful ki lace cardstock, and Tim Holtz grungeboard. I love how she's tied these two products together.

Card by Jolene Johnston
Supplies: Bazzill cardstock, KI Memories lace cardstock and patterned paper, Versafine ink, Stickles, Tim Holtz Grungeboard



Pearl adds her own touch to the sketch using this big pattern from Tinkering Ink. There are so many papers you could do this with, I'll be sharing some of my own later this week! Some papers are just made for this sketch!

Card by Pearl Liu
supply list : Tinkering Ink Patterned Paper; Q&CO heart brads;



My Mom admitted that she struggled with this one. She went on vacation over Christmas and apparently lost her mojo when she got home. Like I always say, it happens to us all. You just have to push through it. I like it though, bright and fun! Just like Mom!

Card by Linda Flinders



Kelli's card with this sketch is just beautiful! Love that she flipped the sketch, and the Heidi Grace rub-on swirls just go GREAT with this sketch! I have to say I did envision swirls when I did the sketch, and have some of my own swirl cards coming soon on the blog.

Card by Kelli Smith
supply list: heidi grace rubon swirls, ranger stickles, sassafrass lass paper, hearts from the paper studio



I love everyone's interpretation of the sketch, and seeing one sketch come out with many different looks. As always hook me up in the comments if you do the sketch as I love to come check them out!

more soon!

Di

19 comments:

Unknown January 9, 2008 at 11:13 AM  

YOU MAKE MY DAY! Please see my blog for details. Lol x

Samm January 9, 2008 at 1:38 PM  

Fab sketch! love your flower Di!

Great cards ladies! here's mine:

by Samm: Di Hickman January #2


Samm
x

Anonymous,  January 9, 2008 at 2:53 PM  

thanks for sharing the sketch and the finished products!

Inma January 9, 2008 at 10:01 PM  

Fantastic template and fantastic cards. I love Jolene's and Pearl's ones the most, the contrast of black and more intense colours looks terrific and very intense. :)

Thanks so much for sharing the templates and the cards with us and best wishes. :O)

Unknown January 10, 2008 at 1:43 AM  

Wonderful DT cards this week. My effort is on my blog http://craftandwaffle.blogspot.com/
LOL Lynn xx

Denise January 10, 2008 at 7:40 AM  

This was a lovely sketch to work and what fabulous inspiration from the DT. Mine is on my blog:-
http://densbloggers.blogspot.com/2008/01/di-hickman-sketch-challenge.html

Susie Little January 10, 2008 at 12:53 PM  

Hello Di,

Love this one,Here's mine.......

http://whiteribboncards.blogspot.com/2008/01/di-hickmans-sketch-january-2.html

Susie xx

debby4000 January 11, 2008 at 1:00 AM  

Love this sketch.
Heres's mine
http://debby4000.blogspot.com/2008/01/di-hickman-jan2.html

Susie Little January 11, 2008 at 11:08 AM  

I did another one!

http://whiteribboncards.blogspot.com/2008/01/lots-of-time-for-cards-and-blogging.html

Susie xx

Lynn Anne January 11, 2008 at 4:33 PM  

Here's a take!

http://gallery.scrapfriends.us/showphoto.php?photo=25349&cat=recent&limit=recent

Jackie January 12, 2008 at 12:43 AM  

I just love sketches and seeing all the different interpretations of them.
My card is on my blog.

Louly January 13, 2008 at 10:56 AM  

Thanks Di for the beutiful sketch and to the team for all the inspiration. Mines here http://craftsbylouly.blogspot.com/

Unknown January 13, 2008 at 12:38 PM  

Hello Di! Rosie here. My card from your sketch is on my blog.

http://freycob.blogspot.com

Esther January 13, 2008 at 2:00 PM  

Used your skecth to try a slightly different style- thanks for the inspiration, I enjoyed it!

Smriti January 13, 2008 at 9:37 PM  

Lovely sketch! Here's my take:link

Anonymous,  January 14, 2008 at 8:16 AM  

Very fun sketch this week! I love to see where these sketches will take me. My mind went in a million different directions until I finally settled on this.
http://www.createmykeepsake.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=27593&cat=500&ppuser=1665

Thanks!

Looby January 15, 2008 at 1:47 PM  

yet another great sketch Di, my interpretation is here:

http://scraphappylou.blogspot.com/2008/01/yet-another-3-in-1.html

Lou x

Deanne January 17, 2008 at 4:31 AM  

Hello
Finally got round to doing this sketch, tad late sorry.
Will start on this weeks now.
Thanks for the design team inspiration too x

Anonymous,  January 20, 2008 at 10:54 AM  

Another great sketch ... here's mine:

http://ingeniousinkling.typepad.com/ingenious_inkling/2008/01/a-lesson-in-two.html

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com