I'm still alive

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Dang I seem to be disappearing on y'all at weekends huh? We had a great Friday, lunch at the Brit pub with friends and then some tv/shopping and evening in. Saturday was pretty low key here with odd jobs getting done around the house. Sunday we had a vegan brunch to go to which was great. I made Scrambled Tofu which was well received but really we went cos our friend Matt makes great vegan banana waffles with a cashew butter. TO.DIE.FOR. So yummy! Yesterday I meant to get around to posting but it was one of those days that just seemed to get away from me kwim? And today Bob is sick, some cold/flu bug thing that has just knocked him cold. He's just gone back to bed for a nap after lunch, which is good, keeps him out of my way and keeps his germs to himself! lol!

Sharing a card I made recently, using up some older product. Just cardstock, felt, ribbon and rub-ons.

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Felt: Queen & Co; Ribbon: Misc; Rub-ons: Karen Foster, one heart... one mind & Basic Grey

I mentioned that I've lost weight and part of that means none of my clothes fit right anymore, especially jeans. I recently bought a pair of size 4 Levi's from the thrift store but they were a long so I cut the hem and just unravelled the ends. I still need to take another inch off I think but at least they look better than the 6's. I need to alter the 6's I found a good tutorial on altering jeans online so I figure I have nothing to lose by trying huh?


Also the Serger came last week and I did some basic introductory sewing with it over the weekend making small flannels. These were regular flannels but really who uses a whole flannel to wash their face? So I figure cut them into 4 and serge the edges. Worked out pretty well. Plus I figure I could use these for make up removal too instead of cotton wool balls/pads so environmentally sound too!


I've also been busy uploading my digital products to my 3Scrapateer store and working on a plan for new digital products. I think I am going to stick to smaller kits like the Christmas Joy and Feeling Krafty size kits. I just don't have the focus for the bigger kits. First I need to work on some stuff for Scrapwow then RAKscraps before I get sidetracked with my own digital stores. So much to do, so little time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com