Sketch favorites from 7th Feb

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Well lots of cards were made so gonna hook you up with a couple of pics and some links! Everyone did an awesome job of making the sketch their own! Had some paper cards and some digital, nice mix! I think what struck me about this card was the versatility of it! I've seen valentine, feminine and masculine to friends, thank you and much more! Ok on with my picks!



First up is a valentine card from Celeste Brodnik! Love the colors in the papers (reminds me of my latest digital kit - more on that tomorow!). Also the heart on the button is a great accent! Loved this card!



Next up is a card from Tracy Madsen! What a great shabby/vintage feel to this one with the soft colors and distressing! I think this card really caught my eye due to the lack of a sentiment. It made me realise how great this card would be to produce ahead of time and then just add a sentiment as needed! Definately a light bulb moment with this one! Great card Tracy



Finally this card is from Linda Flinders. She went with spring colors for a friends card. As you can see Linda chose to use patterned paper for the backgroun (as opposed to the two cards above) and it makes the card look totally different. Just simple changes to the sketch can totally make it your own! Great job!



I think you can see how versatile this sketch really is. Each of the cards above has the same design but each artist took the sketch and made it their own! Looking for more ideas? Well check out these cards:- Sassette made FIVE cards with this sketch, loving the valentine one in the top left corner! Megan rocked the digi cards, loving the butterfly on this one; Trish took the sketch and made it her own! love the die cut words;

great job everyone! More favorites next week!

1 comments:

Shannon Schafer February 17, 2007 at 5:19 AM  

WOW! Great creations ladies!!! Love the versatility of the sketch!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com