Karen Foster sponsor layouts - review

Monday, November 13, 2006

This months paper sponsor at Treasures to Scrap is Karen Foster.

Now I'm no stranger to Karen Foster products! I own all the doggy line, naturally! I love the patterned papers and the cardstock stickers totally cool stuff! I got the chance this month to get outside my box and try some different theme products. I've used dog stuff, and the friendship line (Karen Foster rub-ons are awesome btw!) but this month I got to try some horse themed products! I knew I had a few horse photo's so I wasn't too phased. These were photo's taken at Seaworld, of the Budweiser horses (note the Dalmatian in the top left photo!). Now I like this layout... its only let down by.. my handwritten title and journalling! Which thankfully due to the fact I had to take a photo of this layout rather than scan it (too lumpy) you can't see that well! The chipboard tag I got in a RAK earlier this year. Isn't the paper beautiful though! I struggled with the design for a while cos I didn't want to cover the paper! So I made a feature of it! Lets just say I doubt I'll do it again in a hurry! Cutting out the intricate design was not easy! lol!
I also asked a couple of friends for some 'cowboy or horse' photos and Kristen came through with this photo of her son for the following layout! As soon as I saw it I thought "yep! thats the one!". How awesome is it that his shirt matched the red paper? Totally loved it! I used the Karen Foster cowboy paper and the red circle patterned paper is the inside I cut out from the above busweiser layout! I'm all into using every last scrap! Also used Karen Foster stickers and the little boot charm, which I thought was somewhat funny cos he isn't wearing shoes! Some magic mesh, a few star brads, some ribbon, staples, and the finishing touch... ink!
Karen Foster products really are great!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com