March Round Up!

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

MAGS: Scrapbook ETC; Simple Scrapbooks Digi Mag; Creating Keeepsakes; and Scrapbooking & Beyond (totally happy to see this in Vons as its the first time I've EVER seen it here). BOOKS: I got 3 book out the library; one was an OLD scrapbooking book, which turned out to be useless; one was titled "things to do before you turn 40" interesting read but I am not about to 'get off' with the best man at a wedding! Sorry I'm married! And finally the third was called "making a name for youself" which ended up telling me exactly what I already knew from the artbiz marketing course. So in all the library books were a dud! Didn't have time yet to check any more out as I have lots of work to do in the beginning of April!

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
tv: TOO MANY!!!!
movies: we saw a couple, none of which I can remember! Seriously I need brain food or something! Either that or better movies! I think we watched
"night at the museum" in March?

What special days did I celebrate and how?
Lots of birthdays in March, nearly all of which are family back in England. Happy birthday shout out to Steve, Zoe, Mum, Bobs Mum, Bobs Dad, and Dave! Also in March was Bretts birthday! We went to his surprise 30th party.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Nothing really, I had a couple of days with a cold at the end of the month but cleared up quick. I had a check up at the new doctors this month, had some blood work done for my kidneys. Got the results today - all normal *smile*

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
DIRTBIKING!!! Whoohoo! Must make an effort to get out more often! Especially now the weather is better. Bretts birthday party. Pretty quiet month really. Spent a lot of time on the phone with family this month due to birthdays back home.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
No new restaurants. Foods? Not new but we went back to Lays potato chips. We'd had Trader Joes chips for a while but they've gone really greasy and the bags are 1/4 just bits.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
I made a few! Some stamps, getting into stamping in a big way lately. Got some cardstock, and a few other scrappin products. I don't think we purchased anything major this month.

What were this month’s disappointments?
None really. I wish we'd gotten out on the bikes more this month but other than that it was mostly good news!

What were my accomplishments this month?
Well... I did my first manufacturer DT assignments this month! I got a card picked up by Scrapbook & Cards today; asked to be Aprils guest design team member at scrappin trends; got work picked up for publication in scrappin trends ezine, scrapstreet ezine, and ready set create. Had a call on my blog for a creative team for the sketches and got a HUGE response! I was asked to join the design team for Shelle Pukas! Also Julie Ann asked me to write a short tutorial on the everyday digital scrapbooking blog! A good month for good news!

Total craft projects completed
23 cards; 7 layouts; 12 digital layout; 1 altered project

Anything else noteworthy to record?

Don't think so! I need to keep tabs on these weekly so I remember what's happened!

2 comments:

Katie Nelson April 4, 2007 at 7:05 AM  

Awesome roundup! Love the tally of craft projects - great idea!

Lucy Chesna April 4, 2007 at 7:20 AM  

awesome and congrats in your toots

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com