Studio Friday - 7 deadly sins

Friday, April 6, 2007

Ok so its been a while since I joined in the studio friday challenges. but I figured I'd jump back on board and check them out again. I noticed they are doing a series and thought I'd dive straight in with this! Starting with a recap of sins 1 & 2

Deadly Sin #1 -
LUST I do seem to have a slight problem with lusting after scrapbook products, mostly things like rub-ons, stamps, and certain patterned papers, oh and chipboard alpha's! Ok I do have a problem it seems with lust.

Deadly Sin #2 -
GLUTTONY This one doesn't apply to me! Hurrah! I am not a scrap snacker. If I've creating then I am creating not snacking. Pretty good job as I am WAY messy and would get it everywhere. that brings me to the current topic of...

Deadly Sin #3 - GREED
What is it you are greedy about or feel greedy about? Is it material or is it a behavior? Are you greedy for emotions? Do you hoard? How do you want to change for the better? It can be small steps or do you rather take a big step to change?
Three little words in there ring true for me: Do you hoard? When I sent out my newsletter this week I spoke about my monthly project for April which is purging, organising and getting this room under control. You know when I first started scrapbooking everything fit into a tote! Um yeah... I have slightly more than that now, and I know I'm not alone! I am a hoarder! I tend to 'save' supplies for that perfect layout for that certain product. If you're a scrapbooker you know what I mean right? This week I did a few paper layouts and I was so proud of myself for using Heidi Swapp chipboard alphabets on TWO layouts! Go me! This took serious resolve for me. Heidi Swapp chipboard alpha's are my golden goose of products, heck I'll be honest ANY chipboard alpha's. Here is a photo of 'some' of my collection, these are just Heidi Swapp ones.


Another hoard for me is ribbon. This isn't all my ribbon! This is just what was on the table while I reorganise. Its an ongoing process to find a good loose ribbon storage solution.

Finally my latest passion - rub-ons. Not just any rub-ons though! Heavens I have had some duds! These are by one heart... one mind. If you've never used these, go find yourself some! I got all these in February as part of my DT package and WOW I am in rub-on heaven!

See I got more rub-ons too last week which I haven't unpacked yet! Yep my name is Di Hickman and I am a scrapbook supply hoarder...

6 comments:

Lindy Stamper April 6, 2007 at 7:53 PM  

Ha, you're not a hoarder, just a collector, is all. ;P

grambie April 7, 2007 at 8:49 PM  

I just had to smile all the way through reading your nl article about the 7 deadly sins. I know you are a designer & therefore will never be called an hoarder, a conservator of digital goods will work. I have so many kits that I purchased on DVDs & CDs, knowing that I will never use them. My computer at least is clean now, I had no choice, my OS system was corrupt after IE7 & Adobe Reader 7 conflicted. I reformatted, repartitioned, & just got the Internet updated & working. Windows & all its junk. Hopefully, I can by next week if everything else is okay, start scrapping some of the lovely freebies I have received from you. It is always a lovely time to read your nl & continue to your blog. Thanks again for being you.

Going For Greatness April 8, 2007 at 6:02 AM  

LOL your stuff looks like my stuff! We, scrappers, need to stick together!! Ribbon, rubons, chipboard, ink.. all OBSESSIONS of mine! Though.. I do hoard ... for a little while but then I use up my stuff quite quickly ... sometimes ;)
Have a lovely weekend!
~Gabi

Pearl April 8, 2007 at 11:32 PM  

One heart one mind rub ons are also my fave - especially for card sentiments ! lol

definitely a good idea to reorganise & neaten up on stuff & stash to be more productive !

Stacia April 10, 2007 at 10:07 PM  

Hmmm, never used rub-ons...do I dare to start down this path? Looks addicting!

Anonymous,  April 12, 2007 at 12:56 PM  

Supplies are like idea-sparkers. Gotta have them. Ah the secrets we uncover thanks to Studio Friday.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com