Scrapstreet Latest News!

Thursday, September 6, 2007

The latest Scrapstreet issue is up and ready for viewing! Lots of good ideas and articles. Loving the digi section more each month as the team expands and gets settled. Loving the cover layout from my good friend Janneke, even if it meant I didn't win the cover (again I might add! Maybe one month!). Also my latest article on hybrid scrapbooking is in here titled "cut it out".


The free kit this month is Back to School, by Linda and Michelle. You can get more details on the free kit in the ezine here. I actually took this month off from my digi team duties at scrapstreet. For a couple of reasons, first I got really busy with paper design team stuff andsecond I struggle with back to school having no kids, and third well honestly I needed a break.




Anyway. as always I'm going to share projects I had published in last months Scrapstreet, the August issue.

First up is the Showcase, and this month we got product from My Minds Eye. Now I'll admit I was secretly dreading this arriving and being the Bohemia line. I love My Minds Eye, and yes I do like the look of Bohemia I just cannot USE it. The asymmetrical papers just aren't me, and I still have a few of the Bohemia papers in my stash. I have to say though that I loved the Tres Jolie line I got. Soft and delicate, perfect for a variety of pages! I couldn't help thinking they looked very vintage and elegant. And no-one faint - I hand journaled!

Supplies: Paper, Die Cut, Buttons, Transparency: My Minds Eye,
Brads: Doodlebug, Pen: White Uniball Signo.


I love the MME so much I made another layout with it for the hybrid column. The column was titled "white text - it's what we're NOT printing". I'll share that later this month, or you can go read it here.

Also in Augusts issue was a hybrid card I made with the August free kit. Whenever I struggle with digi designs my default is to print the papers. I made the digi card, printed it, and added some traditional supplies.

Supplies: Digital kit: Sunshine by Dora Phillips; Brad: Doodlebug.

I have to say that I am so enjoying printing digital stuff lately, probably my latest phase. Plus this kit of Dora's was just too cute NOT to use!

I addition these projects I also wrote the card article as usual. Had so many cute cards for the "Hi/hello" call, the article just wrote itself!



Current calls for Scrapstreets November Issue

November Cover Contest: Warm and wonderful--show us those heart-warming moments. They can be wrapped in wool or smothered in hugs, but we want to see the layouts featuring pictures that melt your heart. If chosen, you could be our cover winner. The winner receives a prize package and all finalists are published in the article.

Discovery and Digital Discovery: if we have never published your work, send in three samples of work showcasing your unique style and you might be one of our latest Discoveries.

Article Calls:
  • First Frost--Share those first signs that winter is sneaking into your neck of the woods.
  • Ribbon Fun--Are you a ribbon junkie? Show us some of your fabulous creations with ribbon--layouts, cards, altered items.
  • Indoor hobbies--Other than scrapping, what hobbies do you and your family and friends enjoy?
  • Are you ready for some football?--Show us your football guys and gals!
  • Scrap Nap--Have those perfect little sleepy pages? Or funny drool covered ones? We want to see them.
  • Comfort food--this is the month for it! what are your family's favorites?
  • Get Chic--Journaling tags, cards, spots.
  • Cards--Thankful and Thanksgiving. (get your cards in!!!)
  • Pets--Animals and their treats!
  • Altered Alley--Recipes boxes and ideas.
Deadline is October 1 for all calls.
Email submissions to submissions@scrapstreet.com

3 comments:

Anonymous,  September 7, 2007 at 2:35 AM  

Great article about hybrd hun - I love digi, but really missed paper scrapping and love how I can combine both and get the best of both worlds - thanks for some wonderful sketches again and for so freely sharing your work and knowledge - very much appreciated :D

grambie September 7, 2007 at 10:47 PM  

SO nice to read the various articles along with tutorials for photo adjustments. So nice to view the card template along with the so colorful completed versions. Love the strips, especially where they were extended beyond the original stop point. A beautiful card to send for any occasion. I need to get some rest, but have been searching for new items I had purchased during the month, including yours. I had problems and some of the files were moved and possibly lost. So I have a busy day tomorrow. It is 1:45 a.m. here in MD, USA and my eyes have started closing on its own. Thanks again for the heads-up on the magazine. I so look forward to viewing your published work. Don't worry, what is meant for you will come to you when you least expect it. Leavin LUV! XOXOXO

michelle sturgeon September 8, 2007 at 8:07 PM  

Hi, Di. I am thrilled to have beem chosen for the Halloween card. I have filled out the email and sent it to you and removed my card from my blog and SCS gallery.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com