Reminisce Holiday cards pt5!

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Come on stop sticking your head in the sand! The holiday season I wrote out all my England cards for Family and Friends back home, just got to do USA ones. Plus I like to have "extras". You know, for those people you always forget about, plus I like to have leftovers, as then I'm ahead of the game next year! Hurrah!

Again everything is created with my stash. Happy to report it IS shrinking. I may even use all this up someday! And that's just the Holiday stuff! I got a package from Treasures to Scrap last week that was full of product for the next 3 months sponsors, some great stuff that I can't wait to dig in and play with that, especially the scrapworks stuff!!! Did you see their new Holiday line? It rocks!!! Loving the glitter chipboard!


Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; PP: Reminisce; Rub-on: DCWV; Tag: Target; Ribbon: unknown

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; PP: Reminisce; Rub-on: Joanns; Metal tree tag: Unknown; Ribbon: Unknown; Brad: MM

Ok just wanted to say that this one would NOT photograph right. The tag thing has a shimmer to it that wouldn't come out the right color. It's a pale green with red stitching around the edge. It doesn't look as out of place in RL as it does here in the pic!

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; PP: Reminisce; Rub-on: DCWV/Joanns; Tag: Target

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; PP: Reminisce; Mesh: Magic Mesh; Tag: Target

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; PP: Reminisce; Rub-on: Joanns; Tag: Target; Ribbon: Unknown

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; PP: Reminisce; Rub-on: Joanns; Tag: Target; Ribbon: Unknown

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; PP: Reminisce; Rub-on: DCWV; Tag: Colorbok; Tree buttons: Unknown

I hadn't really noticed till these green ones, but did you see the common theme with 80% of the cards I've made this month? Sanded edges! When did this start? I did sanding on one of the layouts for the October layout sketch, but most of the cards too? Sheesh. Technique phase anyone?

More creations coming soon! Off out to the beach today I think. The time with my parents is really going by fast. Mums ankle is healing, at least the bruising is going down and she's walking a little better. Booked a trip to the Griffith Observatory later this week too.

See you tomorrow for the weekly card sketch...

4 comments:

Unknown October 30, 2007 at 2:33 PM  

I love your cards. I having been coming for little while now and love see the new ones you make. I sure wish I had your talent.

Jolene October 30, 2007 at 5:18 PM  

I ADORE the last one with the little tree buttons. So cute! Hugs to your Mum.

grambie October 30, 2007 at 5:20 PM  

What a collage of beautiful cards to share with us. Yes, I notice the use of the sanded edges among many other little personal touches. They are just so welcome with all the lovely greenery. As stated above, those tree buttons just rock. (Telling my age.) Love to you, your wonderful family, and loved ones.

Beverley Todd October 31, 2007 at 2:24 AM  

Ooooh! sanded edges - haven't done those for a while - can I have this technique when you've finished with it? LOL

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com