Tutorial Tues - Flower Frame

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Whilst doing my usual shopping trip one week I popped into the Dollartree and found this adorable alterable photo frame. Perfect for a hybrid project I thought! The wood pieces simply slot together with the photo going in the flower center!

Digital Supplies

  • Vintage Comfort” patterned papers by Weeds & Wildflowers (prima hybrid)
Physical Supplies
  • White Cardstock
  • Prima Ribbon – Elysee Ribbon
  • Prima say it with Crystals
  • Distressing ink by Ranger
  • Acrylic paint by Making Memories
  • Paper trimmer,
  • scissors,
  • Sanding paper
  • Decoupage Adhesive,

Tutorial
1. Lightly sand all the edges to ensure there are no rough edges. Paint the edges of the wood pieces, no need to do the larger areas as they will be covered with paper!



2. Print off the digital papers from the Weeds & Wildflower Vintage Comfort Collection. I printed off three different papers for the flower, stem and watering can. Lay the wood piece on the patterned paper, lightly trace around the shape and cut out. Repeat with all the paper pieces.



3. Attach the paper pieces to the wood with decoupage adhesive.



4. Using sand paper gently sand the edges of the paper/wood for a smooth finish. I used and emory board for the smaller areas.



5. Using brown distressing ink and a dauber I lightly applied ink to the sanded edges and on the papers for a grungy distressed look.



6. Assemble the wood pieces, add ribbon trim, and crystals then add photo!

Photo used in the project courtesy of Nancy Jones



More tutorials soon!


Di

3 comments:

Deanna March 25, 2008 at 9:07 AM  

The frame looks great! Can you tell me what kind of paper you use to print out your digital projects to use in hybrid? Thanks!

Chriss Rollins March 28, 2008 at 7:31 PM  

this is gorgeous who wouldnt want to have it, would make wonder gifts for mums and grannys thanx for sharing.
chriss x

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com