Stamping Saturday!

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!!! Lots of blogging today! I'll be back later with blog party details but for now here are some stamping cards. When I first started making cards I found stamping messy. Not much has changed about that, but I no longer think it a chore to stamp like I used to. I used to be totally drawn to rub-ons, as they are quick and easy but I have converted to stamps recently because basically it saves money in the long run. You might think "Oh I'll never use that stamp enough to warrant the money" but you do! Especially when you get sets, and you get more bang for your buck!

This first one is one that used scraps left over on my craft table. The stamped greeting pokes out through the card from a punched window. I closed the card, then used the window as a stencil to add some chalk to the stamped area. The stickles don't show up that well on the card but they are the flower centers. Just a little dob in the middle and wait for it to dry.

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Paper: Anna Griffin; Stamp: Fiskars; Ink: Clearsnap; Flower: prima; Ribbon: Uknown; Stickles: Ranger; Punch: EK Success;

Can I just say I LOVE Christina Cole papers!!! I've this paper pack FOREVER, even RAK'd a bunch of it, and still have a ton left. This has to be one of my favorite paper lines of ALL TIME! Some people find it hard to use because of the black in the patterned paper, but the trick to this paper is to ink everything! Makes everything blend in together then!

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Paper: Christina Cole (Provocraft); Stamp: Fiskars; Ink: StaZon (Tsukineko), Around the Block; 3D Sticker: Christina Cole (Provocraft); Ribbon: Offray

Ok this one isn't stamped but it goes to prove the whole "inking" theory pretty well. If I'd left the circles bare they would have been dominated by that striped paper. But by inking the edges the stripes and circles compliment each other! Nice quick and easy card.

Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill; Paper: Crhistina Cole (Provocraft), Around the Block; Ink: Clearsnap

More stamping stuff every Saturday!



Hugs


Di

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com