Theme Thursday - Congrats!!!

Thursday, May 15, 2008

I've been on a "use my stash" kick again. I have also been sorting through my stamps and realizing I have a TON of stamps I haven't used. It's actually been pretty exciting to be able to SEE my stamps, even though the storage solution isn't finished yet. So much easier, and I will share my stamp storage idea once I get photo's taken :)

So onto the congrats cards for this weeks Theme Thursday. As I was sorting through my stamps I saw this little congrats set from Studio G. They are the little packs of acrylic stamps at Michaels and cost a buck a piece, which is a bargain. The card below has two stamps from different sets.

Supplies: Paper/cardstock: DCWV; stamps: Studio G; Brush marker pen; Sakura clear stardust gelly roll pen;

I also wanted to share this card, which was a quick simple card using the same congrats stamp. Just stamped it out 5 times, cut around the stamp and mounted onto cardstock.

Supplies: Paper/cardstock: DCWV; stamps: Studio G; Brush marker pen;

Congrats cards are good to have on hand for many occasions. One of the reasons I decided to go neutral for a general congrats is to show my Mum some basic congrats. She needs one for her work for colleague who is leaving. They really have so many uses. Heck from "congrats on your new job" to 'congrats - you lost 10lbs' many occasions deserve to be celebrated!

Note: I made envelopes again :) I am going through that phase again too. I have to say I love DCWV stacks for this (or the slabs, anything in a pre-packaged stack). On sale you can get 180 sheets for $9.99 which I can make 180 cards and matching envelopes! MUCH CHEAPER than buying envelopes from stores like Walmart where the envelopes run approximately $3.50 for 50 invitation size envelopes! Hmmmm maybe I need to share examples of this and my other thrifty card making tips sometime? *pencils onto to-do list*

More congrats cards soon

hugs

Di

1 comments:

Anonymous,  May 15, 2008 at 10:45 AM  

Gorgeous cards! I love the colourful design of your paper.
So far I've been a silent reader of your blog, but I'm always looking forward to your next post. They are so inspiring.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com