Card Sketch June #1

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I mentioned I'd be on a blog-cation for a little while but back for card sketches and a few other updates. So here is this weeks card sketch! As usual the digital template is available free in my store for a limited time.


I struggled with this one. Seem to be on a good project, blah project kinda roller coaster lately. I used leftover congrats paper from theme projects last month, paired with some ribbon from the month before, cardstock and old HS acetate flower, and finished with a brad from an office supply store.

"Congratulations" by Di Hickman
Supplies: Cardstock & Paper: DCWV; Ribbon: Cosmo Cricket; Flower: Heidi Swapp; Misc Brad




"Enjoy" card by Kim Hughes
Supplies: Cardstock: Core'dinations; Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms (Paradise Found/June release);Ink: Tsukineko; Other: Jute



"Catch a rainbow" card by Jackie Western
Supplies: Paper is Three Bugs in a Rug 6 x 6 Summer pad, rubber stamp by Rubbadubbadoo



"Sincere Thanks" card by Louise Connell
Supplies: Papers – Fancy Pants Floral Chic; Brad and flowers – HOTP; Sentiment stamp – A Muse Artstamps; Ribbon from stash



"Celebrate" card by Linda Flinders



"Ethan" card by Annette Taylor Supplies List: Patterned paper – Making Memories and a RAK, Ribbon and pearls - Angel Crafts ribbon kit, Alphas and photo corner – Making Memories, Rub On – Art Warehouse, Chipboard – Pressed Petals, Crackle Paint – Tim Holtz, Inks – Versamagic chalk inks



"Be Creative" card by Natalie Dever
Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Patterned Papers: Webster’s Pages, College Press; Die Cuts: Making Memories; Button: Autumn Leaves; Stamp: Fancy Pants; Punch: Martha stewart; Ribbon and bling unknown



"Happy Birthday" card by Jackie Price
Supplies: Scraps of KaiserCraft Lonestar and KaiserCraft Rough & Tough; cat’s eyes; white pen



"True friends" card by Jo Willis
Supplies: DCWV cardstock, Polar Bear Press paper, Heidi Grace quote stamp, black Versafine ink, felt flower (Cuttlebug die-cut), HOTP button various rhinestones and black gel pen.



"Smile" card by Pearl Liu
Supply List : SandyLion Licorice Lane pp & Sticker Collection , Bazzill cardstock, Brilliance Graphite Black Inkpad, Maya Road Sheer Ribbon



"Live Your Passion" card by Jan Tatomir
Supplies: Paper: Scenic Route; Cardstock: Archivers, Bazzill; Ribbon: Strano Designs; scallop Flower: Technique Tuesday; Button: Vintage; Rub-On Stitching: DCWV; Staples: Making Memories



"Get Well Soon" card by Raechelle Bellus
Supplies: pp: Jenni Bowlin and Best Creations; felt: Fancy Pants Designs and MM; button: MM; DMC floss; ribbon: unknown



"You're Timeless" card by Kristin Shulz
Supplies: Cosmo Cricket patterned paper, Making Memories metal frame, Heidi Swapp chipboard clock, Queen & Co Bold sequin, K& Co and Daisy D rubs



As always if you do make a card with the sketch, hook me up in the comments as I love to come check them out! Di

15 comments:

Candy June 4, 2008 at 4:59 PM  

Wow another great sketch!! All of them are fabulous!!

StampinCathy June 4, 2008 at 5:36 PM  

Wow all of these cards are awesome. Very creative stampers.

[Stacia] June 5, 2008 at 12:07 AM  

Di, this is by far one of my favorite sketches of yours-so much potential!!!

Liz June 5, 2008 at 6:13 AM  

Love this sketch Di and all the cards are amazing!

Mine is here

Liz

Cindy Gilchrist June 6, 2008 at 3:59 AM  

Everything looks awesome. Hope you had (or are having) a nice blogcation (LOL). Miss you :)

Sue June 7, 2008 at 3:43 AM  

What a great sketch and I love all the creations, my card is on my blog:-)
Sue
xx
http://susiesunshines.blogspot.com/

Anonymous,  June 7, 2008 at 6:38 AM  

Beautiful. Thank you for the sketch, I love it!
Mellan :)

Unknown June 7, 2008 at 8:19 AM  

Love this sketch Di! Beautiful samples!
Here's my version of it!
http://bellepapier.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2008/06/07/lets-celebrate/

Denise June 7, 2008 at 12:20 PM  

Great sketch....here is mine:-
http://densbloggers.blogspot.com/2008/06/di-hickman-sketch-challenge-june-1.html

Anonymous,  June 8, 2008 at 9:35 AM  

Great sketch!!! :) It's the first one i've tried off your blog.. but i'll be back! Had fun! Here's my card:

http://moralia.wordpress.com/2008/06/08/happy-sunday-ladies-3/

Deanne Clarke June 8, 2008 at 12:22 PM  

Hi Di!
My card for this sketch can be found here:

http://a-scrapaddict.blogspot.com/2008/06/oh-my-another-rabbit-layout.html

Great sketch and beautiful cards, ladies!

Bonnie June 9, 2008 at 1:56 PM  

I really love your card sketches. I think I am going to make a bunch of cards to use up the rest of my paper stash, and I will be using your designs. Thanks so much for sharing.

Anice June 10, 2008 at 1:33 AM  

Wonderful card examples as usual..thank you so much for the inspiration. Got me out of a card making dilemma! My version is on my blog
http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/

Anice xx

lauren bergold June 10, 2008 at 5:00 AM  

holy moly what a FABULOUS sketch...not to mention allllllll those amazing versions! WOW! here's one i made:

http://llaurenb.blogspot.com/2008/06/bit-sketchy.html

Made by Mandy July 5, 2008 at 9:07 AM  

Hi Di,

Love this sketch, think it will be very versatile.

This is the card I made for it.

http://amandacruxton.blogspot.com/2008/07/steves-birthday-di-hickman-challenge.html

Hope you are getting some 'Me' time and having a bit of a rest.

Love

Mandy x

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com