Theme: Baby

Thursday, June 19, 2008

June's Theme Thursday is Baby projects. No card stash is complete without some baby cards. Along with Pink and Blue I make sure I have some gender neutral cards when the outcome is going to be a surprise. Usually I make these in yellows, or greens.

Supplies: Paper: DCWV; Cardstock: Bazzill; Ric Rac: Unknown; Fabric tag: Colorbok; Pen: Ranger

There are lots of baby products out in the scrapbooking stores. You just need one or two things to make some great pages or cards. I picked up a set of fabric tags with baby sentiments on them that I knew would be ideal for cards (they were on sale at Walmart AGES ago).

Design Tip: Repetition is a key point in design. On this card I have 3 repetitions. The wavy line of the ric rac is repeated in the dotted pen. The penwork repeats the dots on the paper, and the white pen, also repeats the colors in the paper and the fabric tag. Repetition is key in good design.

More soon!

Di

1 comments:

Alie June 20, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

it's just lovely. Nice color for a baby card

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com