Saturday Stash Challenge

Saturday, July 19, 2008

After some thought I decided to change the Stamping Saturday to Stash. Usually when I start projects I start with a theme in mind, or sketch, or product. Now, once a week I will pick out one or two oldest things in my stash and create SOMETHING with it.

This is a quick card using OLD paper, I'd estimate 3 years old paper. The pale pink papers on the card are left overs from projects done recently. The flowers are brads, and approximately 18 months old.
Stamps are less than a year old, but the pens are 2 years old. Simple design, but quick and uses scraps and old stash :) Seeing the supplies go down, and card pile go up, makes me happy :) In hindsight I wish I'd scalloped the edge of the cardstock, but it's stuck down fast (ATG gun) and so I call it done!

Supplies: Paper: Colorbok; Cardstock: DCWV; Corner Rounder: EK Success; Brads: Provocraft; Stamp: Boxer; Other: Rhinestones, Stamp markers;

So dig out the oldest thing you got and go for it!

Di

2 comments:

StampinCathy July 19, 2008 at 11:34 AM  

I just love this card. The colors are so pretty and yet simple.

June Houck July 20, 2008 at 6:26 AM  

Very sweet and clean design...dare I say "simply elegant"? :)

I've been thinking hard about what actually IS my oldest stash...I remembered (this morning) my very first rubber stamp purchases (~10 years ago now). I may pull those out for next Saturday's stash challenge. I can't exactly use them up, but I can put them to good use! Tahnks for the inspiration.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com