Bit pre-occupied right now

Monday, October 13, 2008

I live in Southern California. "Reg flag warnings" go into effect a lot here due to dry brush and hot temperatures, however Fall brings it's own issues with high winds. Conditions are ripe for wildfires and that's what we have right now, all around us. To the far East of us we have the Marek fire, and to the North the Senson fire (which just crossed the 118 freeway) .

Photo's taken from our street, this morning around 11.30am. Wildfire in the south east of Simi Valley Hills. I don't see how this could be the Senson fires, as this is South East of us, and Senson is North. And it's way too close to be Marek.


Yep that's a wildfire on them there hills! These are from our back garden facing east. Not sure if it's clear in the pic but the smoke has an orange/red hue to it.

Then there is the view from the back garden.



We have had fires on these hills before, back in 2005. The dogs and I actually evacuated that year to a friends place as the air quality was so bad, a thick layer of ash covered everything. I am gathering supplies just in case we have to evacuate, as the boy scouts say "always be prepared".

That's it really.
Hopefully I will be back tomorrow with the October layout sketch. If I'm not assume I've been evacuated.

Di

11 comments:

Heather Stokes October 13, 2008 at 2:29 PM  

YIPES - I live over here on the other side of Pasadena. We are not affected, but one of our Businesses is out that way and people can't even go back and forth. STAY SAFE!

jo October 13, 2008 at 2:47 PM  

Eeek!!! Hope you're OK Di!

SAR girls October 13, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

Yikes Di! Be safe, hope those fires stay away from your home!

Renee' Morris-Dezember October 13, 2008 at 6:24 PM  

oh no!!! I hope it gets put out quickly - stay safe

Dawny P October 14, 2008 at 2:42 AM  

Hope you are ok Di - I'm thinking of ya. Hugs xxx

CathQuillScrap October 14, 2008 at 3:01 AM  

Whenever we see the fires in the USA on our tv they always look SOOOOOOOOOO BIG... and buy if this is from your back garden then yes it is BIG.... good luck.

Beverley Todd October 14, 2008 at 4:03 AM  

Be safe hun - I'm thinking of you

Anonymous,  October 14, 2008 at 6:05 AM  

Wel you didnt tell me about the fires on the phone last night ;-( hope that its not as bad as last time hey, make sure you call if you have to go which i know you will be be carefull both of you
xxxxxxxxxxx

Unknown October 14, 2008 at 7:16 AM  

Hope you and those you love stay safe. My heart goes out to those who will no doubt lose so much!

xx

Pearl October 15, 2008 at 6:32 PM  

Good to hear you're safe Di ! Trust things will not go out too much out of hand !

Lyzzydee October 16, 2008 at 10:34 AM  

I hope you all stay safe
xx

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com