Theme Thursday: Celebrate

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Another theme Thursday for October and this month I am focusing on "Celebrate" cards. That one little sentiment can cover such a wide variety of occasions! From birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, good luck and more! If you make a card and don't know what sentiment to put on it "celebrate" is usually a good bet.

I've been slowly working through my stash and thought this week I'd share some cards using one of my all time favorite paper packs EVER. The Christina Cole paper pack by Provocraft. I seriously still love this paper pack even now 2 (maybe 3) years later. How can you not be happy looking at black and white, with daisies?

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Paper: Christina Cole (Provocraft); Ribbon: Maya Road; Rub-on: Scrapease

And, just because, here is another card using the same pattern but opposite color scheme. I took the card above and a flipped the design, and added a flower. Nice and simple but with these eye catching papers you don't need a lot of fuss.

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Paper: Christina Cole (Provocraft); Ribbon: Maya Road; Rub-on: EK Sucess; Flower: Prima: Misc: Brad

One of the great things I love about working with black and white (have you noticed yet there has been a LOT of black and white on the blog recently, must be a phase I'm going through!) is that you can just add a pop of color and it changes the whole look of a card. I added this turquoise flower to this card, and that pop really brings attention to the flower. This is a great way to use up those flowers or accents that don't have matching papers, just pair them with the good old black and white papers!

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Paper: Christina Cole (Provocraft); Ribbon: Maya Road; Rub-on: Scrapease; Flower: Prima: Brad: American Crafts

Back soon with more crafty projects,

Di

1 comments:

jo October 13, 2008 at 11:18 AM  

These look fab Di. I've just bought some black and white ribbon that looks like these papers as I have a "thing" for black and white too :)

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com