Happy Bloggiversary!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Did you know that this blog is THREE YEARS OLD today? Wow, time flies! What started as something to post the occasional bit of creative work, crazy ramblings, and my attempts at getting published and on design teams turned into it's own little beast of a blog :)


Three years ago I decided to start blogging again, after a failed first attempt that lasted just a few weeks till I deleted it. The blog has gone through some changes in the last three years, the URL for one, (Anyone remember when it used to be Spot-on Creations?) the design changed, the design teams changed, the format changed when I introduced the card sketches, then again with the layout sketches, and digital stuff, and stash challenges, and digital designing, and tutorials and well it just snowballed really.

Along the way I discovered I loved blogging!


However I've never been very open when blogging, it's mostly been professional, business like, post stuff say. I think I was more open in the beginning when I posted less creative stuff. In the future I am aiming at striking a middle ground. This may mean mad crazy ramblings about how all drivers in my city are out to kill me, or the fact that I am unhappy that Souplantation soups are a bit crap this month (bring back the broccoli soup! And seriously why can't they make the mushroom soup vegetarian?), all that kinda stuff along with creative stuff, sketches, tutorials etc. Middle ground, a compromise, a merging of the two, that's my vision!

If you want to help, tell me what you like about the blog. What you want to see more of, what you want to learn? I may even post one day about adding the 3 column blog layout (or gouge my eyes out with a pencil trying). Anything blog related you want to know how to do? Adding banners? Blinkies?

So happy bloggiversary everyone, and here's hoping there are many more blog posts to come!!!

Di

8 comments:

[Stacia] December 9, 2008 at 12:52 PM  

I have a question that perhaps you've answered in the past. (Although I have been a devoted reader for almost 2 years.) I really want to get into digital scrapping but I need some type of a tutorial that gets me started on the absolute basics-I'm talking Digital Scrapping for the absolute dummies. Do you know of anything like that? Thanks so much for your devotion to your blog-LOVE IT!

Anonymous,  December 9, 2008 at 12:57 PM  

Happy 3-Year Blogiversary!

Fink December 9, 2008 at 1:48 PM  

I enjoy the fact there is something new everyday! I also would love to know how to make my own blog layout and banner!

Looby December 9, 2008 at 2:31 PM  

Happy Bloggiversary Di!

Lou x

Beverley Todd December 10, 2008 at 3:27 AM  

happy bloggiversary hun ... I love reading all your news, reviews & seeing all the crafty stuff you've made. What I'd most like to see is a li'l DT blinkie!! LOL

Tasha December 10, 2008 at 4:15 AM  

Happy Bloggiversary! Thanks for sticking it out. Protect your eyes at all costs but, I am interested in adding the 3 column blog and banners. I love your card sketches and seeing how you used them. I love your sketches and I love how you are organizing yourself and decluttering. Cheers! (my favorite cheers is Martinelli apple cider.)

Spot-On December 10, 2008 at 9:45 AM  

ROFL Bev! Ok ok! I swear I will get it done by the new year! How about that? lol!

Apple martini sounds good, unfortunately not on my healthy eating plan (till the weekend lol)

Beverley Todd December 10, 2008 at 12:07 PM  

Ohhhhhh Di! You've said it now ... in public for everyone to read! LOL. So I guess We're getting DT blinkies for Christmas then! Yay!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com