Happy Hannukah!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's the holiday season, it's called that because it encompasses many religous holidays. I for one like to tailor my card giving to the recipient. For example: If I know they are practicing Jews then I'll make them a Happy Hannukah card. There are many companies now that are doing religion specific products, and Boxer have this adorable stamp set called "Judiac Celebrations". I thought I'd make a couple of cards for Hannukah!


These cards are based on a couple of my sketches from 2007. I was struggling with creating the cards, so as always I fall back to sketches. Always sparks the creativity for me. Plus with stamping sometimes it's good to have an idea what you're stamped image size is going to be so you can design around it. I find stamping really suits sketches, especially the on the card below.


Don't forget that Hannukah begins this weekend so you still have time to make Hannukah cards! Also, for those with Pagan friends, Yule is on the 21st December this year! And Kwanzaa is celebrated December 26th - Jan 1st. The holiday season isn't all about Christmas, let's keep in mind that other religions are celebrating this time of year too!

If I'm not sure of the persons religion, I usually play safe and go with a simple Happy Holidays, or Seasons Greetings, these work well for anyone even those that celebrate a secular season! So Happy Holidays everyone!

Di

1 comments:

Anice December 21, 2008 at 10:59 AM  

Thanks for the reminder Di.. it's easy to forget that it's not just Christmas time.
Anice xx

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com