Published cards - Just Cards Magazine

Tuesday, January 26, 2010


Sharing my latest publications in Just Cards Magazine Vol 16. This mag is packed full of inspiration for cardmakers, and each card has a small how-to tutorial with it, perfect for beginners! Vol 16 is out on newsstands now!

First up is a card using one heart... one mind products. I usually send in a ton of cards each quarter that I have lying around the scraproom collecting dust and this was one I made a while back using ohom for some submissions. It didn't get picked up for publication then (they chose another card of mine) but it found it's way into print via Just Cards!



This next card was made back in 2008 I think, maybe even 2007, using a sketch of mine. Love the Basic Grey papers, and wow MM rub-on alpha's! Definitely an oldie but a goodie!


Next up this card is fairly recent, when I say that of course I mean it was made in 2009 at least. With the lead time of magazines it can be 6 months to a year before you see your work in print. So I condsider anything within the same 12 months a good timeframe. I beleive I made this card for my manufacturer Monday postings early 2009, using HOTP papers.


This card was another oldie, from 2008 I think again a manufacturer Monday project using Dreamstreet papers. Simple yet stunning. It took me three looks through the magazine before I realized it was my card! Shows you how old this one is :)


When I submit cards to Just Cards or other mail-in publications I always purposefully make some cards using Boxer products. I aim to get one card in the magazine using my Design Team products. Loving the Boxer sentiments stamps and I am so looking forward to showing you all the new Boxer products soon!!!


Ok I think that was it for this issue. If you do pick this issue up you'll see loads of stunning cards of all types, sizes, shapes, styles and mediums. There really is somethng for everyone in this mag!

Di

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com