Interupting this scrapbooking blog for an announcement

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ok I tried to make a pledge for 2009 to post more personal stuff and basically not succeeded very well so far, lol! Anyway I want to interupt my schedule of posts for an announcement. If you've been following my other blog you'll know I grow vegetables, started last year and I'm pretty passionate about it now. Seriously once you grow your own nothing tastes better! Anyway I figured one of the HUGE factors in growing your own is cost. So, I just HAVE to tell you all about the offer right now at the 99c store!!! Seeds are 9 packets for 99cents! Obviously I went crazy but I got all these for $5 (plus extra's to make up the 9 packets)


Obviously being the obsessed gardener I am I had to go to our other 99c store on the opposite side of town (I was going that way anyway to the library) and picked up another batch of seeds, different from before spending another $2.


Oh and they also had a few other veggies that I didn't need seed for, tomatoes, kohl rabi etc. And flowers too! So if flowers are your thing then they have flower seeds also (as well as bulbs!). Now I'm not quite sure where I am going to put all these, but that's half the fun aswell right? lol!

So if you have a 99c store get down there now! Grow you're own! If you grow ONE thing make it tomatoes trust me! Good for your health, good for the environment and good for your pocketbook!

Di

ps. If you don't have a 99c store check dollartree etc, I hear that NOW is the time for seed sales. Also if you're in a non-US country check out poundland (UK) etc for gardening supplies. Pretty much all gardening stuff goes on offer around this time!

4 comments:

Jan Hennings February 6, 2009 at 3:12 AM  

Hi,
I'm a new follower to your blog and was reading about your veggie seeds.
We don't have a .99 cent store but if we did, I'd grab several packages!
We also grow our own veggies and do a lot of canning. With a family of 9, it takes a lot of food to keep them full.
I'm passionate about my flower gardens and love the beauty it offers from early spring to late fall. I have two huge perennial beds and plant annuals. Although the upkeep is time consuming I find the weeding process is good for my soul. Nothing better than the soil and sun to free my mind.

Anonymous,  February 6, 2009 at 11:09 PM  

If you are UK based try 99p shop as well as Wilkinson, Lidl and another that I cannot recall. Aging memory.

I cannot use these things properly so will anon.

Frederick Denny

Spot-On February 7, 2009 at 11:30 AM  

Oh heck I remember Wilko's! That place was a treasure trove of bargains! oooh trip down memory lane! Yep I told my Mum to check poundland so good tips Frederick!

Theresa February 10, 2009 at 5:15 PM  

Those are great seed deals. I love gardening too. nothing like a home grown tomato.. yum!!!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com