Scrapbooking.com February

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

If you've been reading my blog a while you'll know that I advocate goal setting. New Year is a prime time for setting goals, or resolutions but I prefer to do monthly or quarterly goals. Sure I'll have an "end game" major goal but my monthly goals are baby steps to achieving that main goal. Afterall it takes 28 days to form a habit, and each month has at least 28 days! This month at Scrapbooking.com my article is all about scrapping the goals, or more importantly the journey to those goals.

You can read the article here, but I thought I'd share a few bonus photo's not included in the article. This album is all about my goal for January which was to add running into my daily/weekly life. Ideally I'd love to run a marathon, but baby steps!


I've always loved exercise (yeah go ahead, say you hate me!), and running is one of those activities that really requires NO equipment. Unless like me you have bad knees and need good sneakers, need you your iPod for kickin' tunes, and towels cos you sweat buckets!


The training sheets are printed 2-up on a letter size sheet of paper. I actually saved a master copy of the training and races sheets so I could just photocopy them on my Epson Artisan 800. Having an all-in-one printer/copier/scanner makes things super easy!


Naturally too early to even try for races yet, but ONE DAY! I've done plenty of other exercise events so I know I AM capable of high levels of fitness. I've just let things slide over the last few years... time to reclaim the fit'n'firm body I used to have. At one point I had a 4-pack abs you know? Alas, never quite managed the full 6-pack.



For full step by step instructions you can go to Scrapbooking.com and click on any of the images for full tutorial instructions. Meanwhile I'm off to dig out some photo's of my heyday of fitness to stick on the fridge and remind me of why I'm not eating that tub of ice-cream!

Di

1 comments:

Renee' Morris-Dezember February 17, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

You are very ambitious...I watched my sister last year train for a marathon which she completed in October :) I am just about to commit myself to doing a 1/2 marathon ;)

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com