Manufacturer Challenge - Doodlebug (4)

Monday, April 27, 2009

I realized something this week as I was working with the Doodlebug products, I need to use up old stuff! I had some Doodlebug rub-on alpha's and most of them have adhered to the backing sheet. I can't blame Doodlebug really, they have probably been in my stash for about 3 years, maybe more! I don't think rub-ons have a huge shelf life really. Even other ones are doing the same thing so it's not a certain manufacturer problem it's a rub-ons in general problem.

Speaking of rub-ons and stash on this card I dug out some Basic Grey rub-ons to compliment this card. The metal tag is OLLLLLLLDDDD, seriously old. But I think the mixture of stuff goes together well. Oh and the Basic Grey rub-on was one of those that stuck to the backing sheet also, but I hid that bit behind the tag ;)

Supplies: Paper: Doodlebug; Cardstock: DCWV; Rub-on: Basic Grey; Tag: Colorbok

I'm really trying to use up stash as you've probably noticed over the last few weeks. Breaking out the ribbon, tags etc. I recently reorganized my embellishments into drawers by color and rediscovered all these embellies I bought and never used. That's one reason I like color organizing! Anyway I found these metal tags which were in a card making set I got from Target years ago, time to use them I think...

Supplies: Paper: Doodlebug; Cardstock: DCWV; Ribbon: MM; Tag: Target


Supplies: Paper: Doodlebug; Cardstock: DCWV;Tag: Target; Ribbon: Misc;

Also used up the last of the paper scraps from previous Doodlebug weeks this month. Just a few little bits left, but for cards that's all you need! Just add embellishments, sentiments and you're done!

Supplies: Paper: Doodlebug; Cardstock: DCWV; Rub-ons: Karen Foster; Flower: Prima; Machine Stitching;


Supplies: Paper: Doodlebug; Cardstock: DCWV; Rub-ons: Royal & Langnickel; Flower: Prima; Ribbon: Maya Road; Thumbtack;


I've had a request to use some products in future months so I'm gonna get on and get busy with that. Besides I need to clean up my scraproom as I just got a couple of boxes of product to put away! I swear the stuff breeds in here!

Di

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com