Using Your Stash!

Friday, April 10, 2009

As I've been rearranging my scrapbook room I've been thinking a lot lately about the amount of scrapbook supplies I have here just sitting around. I think a scrapbookers stash falls into a couple of categories:
  1. Stuff we'll always love and use
  2. Stuff we love but don't use
  3. Stuff we bought when we first started scrapping and no longer love

The problem lies in the fact that if we don't USE the supplies in category 2 then they eventually end up in category 3. I personally have had that happen to many many supplies I've bought in the past as I am sure everyone has! When I initially began scrapbooking back in 2003 (6 years ago now, wow!) I bought the DCWV stacks when I first start scrapping cos they were cheap (on sale 180 sheets for $10) thing is I love most of the papers still, heck I love almost every patterned paper! lol! Anyway after assessing the amount of supplies I have I decided to start using the stash again. One day a week will be dedicated to purely stash, scraps and recycled projects.

Supplies: Paper & Cardstock: DCWV; rub-on: one heart... one mind; Flower: Prima; button & ribbon: misc

Supplies: Paper & Cardstock: DCWV; rub-on & button: one heart... one mind;

I'm thinking of a weekly challenge or something, I dunno. Just an idea I am tossing around in my head. I'm sure I can't be the only one out there with TONS of stash!

Di

2 comments:

Unknown April 10, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

Great idea Di! I'm guilty of stashing the stash too. In fact, who isn't?

x

Margaret Kane Ward April 11, 2009 at 5:31 AM  

I started out as a scrapbooker and almost NEVER bought patterned paper. How would I use it on a scrapbook page?!? Then, I started cardmaking and found uses for pattern paper, but NOT all of it.

Di, this is the perfect challenge, not only for yourself but probably ALL of your readers whether or not they wish to publicly out themselves by commenting on your blog. :)

Gotta say I love this card. And I have that same paper. You inspire me to use it up!!!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com