I'm doing yoga

Friday, August 21, 2009

So for the last few weeks/months as I've been on the fitness path I've been looking for my yoga DVD. I have the box, damned if I can find the DVD. Anyway Bob got me a new one to try out "Crunch: Fat Burning Yoga" which is pretty good, but anything with Sun Salutation poses in it is good with me :) Been doing the DVD for the past few days and already seeing an improvement in my flexibility. Anyway I just thought I'd share the view to the rear of me when I'm twisting, stretching and contorting myself into weird positions.

Sky just lies on the sofa, half watches the TV, watches me, and wonders what the hell is going on and why she's not allowed on the floor. She's a lover, she's a fusser and Mommy is her cushion why isn't Mommy sitting down and doing her job? Never mind the arm of the sofa works too!


River is now just falling asleep whilst I am doing yoga, guess she gets all the relaxation element and eases into the moment :) As you can see here, I disturbed her slumber and she did open her eyes for about 15 seconds, enough to see I didn't have any food for her and she promptly fell right back to sleep.


The first day I did yoga in the living room with my mat River got up and lay down right in the middle of it, quickly followed by Sky. So I had to put them in the kitchen while I did the 40 minute routine. Slowly they are getting the idea that the mat isn't theirs and is in fact mine and not a dog blanket.

Anyway off to do today's session, wish me luck that they keep up with the inactivity and I manage another 40 minutes with the living room floor to myself :)

2 comments:

Mum,  August 22, 2009 at 5:19 AM  

well Di i didnt see a rear picture of you was it suppose to be there :-(

Margaret Kane Ward August 22, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

Just have to say that when I'm exercising with the Wii Fit my cockatiel loves the squeeky higher pitched sounds that the game/machine makes. He'll often climb up to the top of his cage to "see" what mom is doing and "comment" in his squawky cockatiel voice.

Thanks for sharing not only your cardmaking/crafting side of life, but also your exercise side of life. It motivates me to remember to find balance in having a healthy, well-rounded (but NOT TOO round!!) life. :)

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com