Tape dress form

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Yep back on the sewing thing! I have a TON of clothes that need altering since I dropped almost 2 sizes and being as I'm thifty I want to get to doing that myself :) A while back somewhere on the web I saw a duck tape dress form and thought it was a genius idea! Not only is it identical to your own body (afterall it's modeled on you!) but cheap too! Naturally I've wanted to do one of my own a while, but Sunday we took 30 minutes and with an old t-shirt and some tape Bob got to work. Yep you need an extra pair of hand for sure!!! After some taping, some cutting and some time I am left with this:



It's not perfect cos it needs more stuffing around the shoulders and hips but it's definitely a start wouldn't you say? It's very weird seeing yourself in dress form, I was quite (pleasantly) surprised. I think we all imagine ourselves bigger, I know I did. Even though I know I lost weight and inches psychologically I still 'see' myself as bigger. Weird, we girls are our own worst enemies huh? Anyway just thought I'd share incase anyone else is into sewing, cos this is gonna be a time saver!!!

hugs

Di

3 comments:

Unknown September 15, 2009 at 1:37 PM  

Do not, I repeat... DO NOT go out wearing that T-Shirt Di, you'll look like an alien because they wear silver suits, don't they?

Fab idea. I may try this for my daughter as she's such a tiny little thing that I'm going to have to resort to making school uniforms for her as nothing fits round the waist. If it's long enough, if falls down!

While I'm at it, I may use an offcut of tape to gag my (almost) 14 year old's mouth closed HEHE!!

x

Spot-On September 15, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

Haha Rosie! Bob did threaten to tape my mouth on a couple of occassions! Yeah the reason for me doing this is like your daughter nothing seems to fit right anymore. Is it me or are they making t-shirt shorter these days???

Anonymous,  December 12, 2009 at 6:01 PM  

now I stay tuned..

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com