2005 in Review

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

January
1. Did you have a new years resolution this year? Yes to get help for my pms. Which is ongoing.
2. Who kissed you at midnight? My DH
3. Did it snow where you live? No we live in So Cal. no snow here :(
4. Have you ever been to Times Square to watch the ball drop? Nope

February
1. Who was your valentine? My DH :)
2. What did your valentine get you? A copy of "world of warcraft" and a 6 month subscription
3. When you were little, did you buy valentines for your whole class? No, they don't do that in England, honestly I find the whole thing a little bizarre!

March
1. Are you Irish? Nope
2. Did you wear green on St.Pattys day? Can't remember, probably, I vaguely remember wearing my scooby do shirt (my only green thing in my wardrobe)
3. What did you do for St.Pattys day? Nothing, don't really "celebrate" it

April
1. Do you like the rain? Yes, very relaxing. Love the smell.
2. Did you get to play an Aprils fools joke on anyone? Not this year.
3. Did you get tons of candy on easter? No I don't celebrate easter.

May
1. Whats your favorite kind of flower? Daisies
2. Do you like the spring? Yes, beautiful time of year.
3. finish the phrase: "april showers bring.." May flowers.
4. What would you think of as a spring color? yellows and greens

June
1. What year did you graduate from school? I think it was 1986
2. Did you go on any vacations last June? No

July
1. What did you do on the 4th of July? Just stayed home I think.
2. Did you go on any vacations this month? Not in July no


August
1. Did you do anything special to end off your summer I don't think we did.
2. What was your favorite summer memory of '05? Hmmm, not summer but it would be the live Karaoke at Bobs work, singing karaoke with a live band :) we just got the dvd recently and watched ourselves. Plus Bob losing 100+ lbs of weight! He looks awesome!
3. Did you go swimming a lot in the summer? Lol no. We have a pool but no poolguy so I have to maintain it myself, therefore most of the time its unusable.
4. Did you go to the beach a lot? I don't think we went once in August. We only live 20 miles from the beach but don't go as much as we should

September
1. Did you attend school/college in '05? No
2. Who is/was your favorite teacher? Mrs Merry, and Ms Vaughan
3. Did you like fall better than summer? No we had wildfires here in Sept, not a good time of year

October
1. What was your favorite halloween costume ever? Never worn one, but saw many good kid ones since being in the US, the difference here is amazing! Halloween is HUGE here!
2. Whats your favorite candy? None I don't like american candy, we gave out candy and glo-sticks this year.
3. What did you dress up like this year? We didn't we just give out the candy to kids

November
1. Whose house did you go to for Thanksgiving? Stayed home
2. Do you like stuffing? Yes whats not to like, sage and onion is our favorite.
3. What are you thankful for? My loving and healthy DH, my family, my health, our house, DHs job, friends, scrapbooking, getting published this year,

December
1. Do you celebrate Christmas? I guess, though we aren't christian. Usually we have gift giving, and dinner and its all done for us, its more of a tradition that anything
2. Have you ever been kissed under the mistletoe? Not that I can remember
3. What do you do this year for Christmas? We had Bobs parents over from England so big gift exchange, big dinner, sleepy afternoon, and buffet in the evening.
4. Whats the best present you ever got for christmas? I have been asked this recently and had answered a few things but then I realised that last year DH was ill with Atrial Fibrulation, just before xmas his heart went back to normal rhythm on its own (rather than being shocked), hurrah!
5. Do you like cold weather? Yes, love the change of seasons, though we don't get snow here its nice to see the leaves change and hillsides green up.
6. How would you rate your year on a scale of 1-10? Its been a tough, quiet year, I'd say a 7.5, we had guests, we had a few days of excitement and I got a new camera, and got published. I hope 2006 has lots to offer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com