That Design Team!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Sharing a couple of layouts I submitted to the That Design Team call I would TOTALLY love to be on this design team! If it works out then great! If not I have 5 layouts I love! I will admit that I was totally gonna bail on Monday morning just because I made the mistake of looking in the gallery first before I uploaded mine. BUT I didn't I carried on uploading, 'cos you never know what kind of style that Lynette is looking for.

The first layout "Safe" is for the "Showcase your handwriting" challenge. Anyone who knows me knows I hate my handwriting BUT I am learning to accept it for what it is and work with it. Supplies:- pp: Scenic route; cardstock: bazzill; alpha: pressed petals (all from crafty keepsakes Sept kit); Brads: MM; The journalling tells of our struggle last year with the wildfires around our neighborhood.

This layout "Carefree" is for the "photography showcase" challenge. I had a hard time narrowing down the choices but in the end I went with these photo's of Lucas that I took last month at the local park. He is so photogenic I really want to get out and get more pics taken of Rob and Eliza's kids. Anyway not much in the way of journalling on this one, not much to say when its not your kid, but the layout is totally my style and I love it. Supplies:- cardstock: bazzill & DCWV; pp: crate; alpha: heidi swapp; photo corners: 3L; white pen: american crafts; brads & photo anchor: Joanns; ribbon: offray; blue pen: sharpie; breadtag: chez hickman (lol); technique: stitching

If I have learnt anything over the last couple of days its to stay true to my style. I didn't even think I had a style, but I do. I'm definately a simple; graphic; clean; linear; scrapper. I like clean lines, and uncluttered pages. Less is definately more for me! I looked through my gallery and I also do a lot of one word titles. I guess what is really happening is I'm growing a lot during this challenge, defining my style and heck I'm even handjournalling! Growing and totally loving it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com