September Round-Up!

Monday, October 2, 2006

Its round up time!

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Yeah right! I read a few scrapbook magazines. I really need to visit the library again and see what design books they have!

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
Well most shows ended this month! TV: Monk, Stargate, Atlantis, Psych, Life on Mars all ended. Movies: none that were very memorable! I should really start noting down what we watch!

What special days did I celebrate and how?
September 8th is our wedding anniversary. We went out for dinner at Vegetable Delight, then popped into the Cantina to see Nigels band play. Other than that nothing else celebrated.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Shingles :( Thankfully I feel ok in myself just the darn rash and maddening itch! Still that's the third outbreak in 18 months!Sky had an ear infection and her anal sacs are still giving her trouble.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Dinner out a couple of times; Cantina to see Nigels band play with their new female singer; lunch buffet with the boys; Cos of the shingles and our wonky van I've not been out much.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
I don't think we tried anything new this month! Although according to Bob I can never cook the same thing the exact same way twice! Oh, we did try the packet mix hummus and felafel, really cool quick and easy meal! 10 minutes and its done! Definately something I'll be keeping in the kitchen cupboards from now on!

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
I didn't make any. Bob paid for his bike engine to be fixed and finally got that back on the road! whoohoo! We also joined the Gym! Oakridge. Yes we have a multigym and eliptical trainer in the garage but its full to bursting right now and we just can't get in there! So we joined the gym.

What were this months dissapointments?
I didn't make the Scrap that Moment Design Team.. BUT that was counterbalanced with..

What were my accomplishments this month?
Making the Scrappy Chick Design Team! SO excited that Lynette gave me this opportunity! Loving the whole crew at scrap that moment and scrappy chick! Great bunch! Can't wait to see my projects in the fall edition!

Anything else noteworthy to record?
Published in Scrapstreets September ezine, Including my digital design team work. Layouts in newsletter for Crafty Keepsakes and Treasures to Scrap. I did a self-portrait photo shoot as I needed head shots for scrappy chick and I love the shots I got. Also got projects picked up for October ezines. I am designing a digital kit - about half way through! I submitted to a few calls this month and I managed to do a few challenges, not as many as I'd hoped but I got some done!

All in all September was a good month! I leant a lot about myself and my scrapbooking style really popped out at me! I could have done without the shingles though!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com