October Round-Up

Thursday, November 2, 2006

Is it November already? Where is the time going? Seems like yesterday it was New Years and here we are planning Thanksgiving! And soon Christmas!

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Books - flicked through the CZ books again! She's coming to chat next week at Crafty Keepsakes!
Mags - Creating Keepsakes November issue and Simple Scrapbooks nov/dec issue. Light magazine month. Strangly out of the two this time I prefered CK! Had more of a simple feel to it. Not complaining there!

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
Urgh!!! What DIDN'T we watch! Being ill it was all we could do to just sit and watch and watch tv! So consequently a lot of TV and movies got watched this month! Including:
Movies: Mission Impossible 3; Ghostbusters; Halloween/scary movies
TV: House, Greys Anatomy; Miami Ink; Ghost Hunters;

What special days did I celebrate and how?
Halloween was done a little differently cos we had been ill, we just did everything last minute. Literally! We didn't carve a pumpkin this year. Pumpkin carving was something we did last year for the first time, and we did want to carve another but I was too stuffed full of flu to go shopping for one. Fortunately I'd already done the candy run before I got sick! Oh and we went for a meal to celebrate Simons 40th Birthday!

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Where do I start? Firstly I went to see a dermatologist, who froze a lump on my nose and hacked up my ear. Then that same weekend I got a terrible flu bug which just knocked the stuffing out of me! Still suffering with that still nearly a week later!

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Not much! We both got a horrendous Flu that knocked us off our feet! Halloween was fun this year as we approached it differently! Each year we say we're going to be organised but never are!

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did we try this month?
Again nothing! I did start menu planning though! This is just the regular meals that we eat. It works though. Definately easier and saves some money!

What special or unusual purchases did i make?
MY NEW CAR! Nothing more special than that! A 2007 Hyundai Tucson! Red!

What were this months dissapointments?
Hmmm getting sick? Noticing a theme for October?

What were my accomplishments this month?
I made my first digital kits! Got a thankful mini kit done, and a seasonal color kit up "spot-ons simplicity". More details in November! I'm totally into making digital kits! I also got 2 pages published in the Nov newsletter for Pagemaps (see previous post!), and layouts in scrapstreet. Plus I got some projects picked up for Ready Set Create winter issue, and Scrappy Chicks winter issue!

anything else noteworthy to record?
Started the marketing focus group. Learning to approach the scrapbooking industry more professionally. Creating more! I did a photo-a-day challenge, and set up another blog for it.

full round up details onKatie's site

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com