Transparant Touches & Tags Review

Friday, December 15, 2006

This months sponsors at Treasures to Scrap is Transparant Touches & Tags. We were given some awesome transparancies to work with! I have only used transparancies a few times since I started scrapbooking so I welceomed this opportunity to really see what all the fuss was about!

The first layout I did "Cousins" is me and Simon as kids sitting on my grandparents lawn. As soon as I saw the theme of this transparany I knew this was the photo for the layout! Took me a while to find it, and scan it in, but I got it! I love the 8.5" x 11" transparancy! So versatile! I did think about cutting it up, but in the end decided to use it as it and plan my layout around it. The work was almost done for me. Once I knew the products I wanted next came the question of how to adhere it to the layout? I chose brads and staples. There is also some glue dots behind the buttons. For me staples are quick and easy and add a little touch to the page. There are lots of ways to adhere them to a page though, you could also sew them on or use adhesive in unoticable places, behind text for example!
Supplies:- Cardstock: DCWV; PP: autumn leaves; transparancy: TTT; brads: MM; buttons: target;

The second layout I did for this months sponsor is "Precious". For this one I cut the title out of the sheet. I knew the photo I wanted to use, decided on the papers and just went with it. Totally different to my usual style but I like it! I inked, added ribbon, more staples, journalling, clips, but it was missing something. Then I got out an oversize flower, folded it in half and added that - it now looks complete! I had to dye the flower though using walnut ink spray, and added some gold ink to tie it into the papers. Like I said different for me, but I like it!
Supplies:- Cardstock: DCWV; PP, ribbon, vellum: Boxer; Title: TTT; clips, charm, roll on transfers: around the block; brads: doodlebug; pen: zig millenium; ink: tim holtz; Flower: heidi swapp;

Thoroughly enjoyed this months sponsor product from TTT! Great product and really affordable too! Check them out! I'll definately be doing more work with transparancies, this month has shown me how versatile they can be and how easily they can transform a page! Thanks TTT!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com