Review: 3 Bugs in a Rug

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Before I begin this review I feel I have to confess that I am a "3 bugs in a Rug" junkie. I really do love their products, so this might be a slightly bias review as I already have a TON of 3 bugs in my stash, so when I was told they were going to be the sponsor this month at Treasures to Scrap I did a little squeal of delight!

What draws me to 3 bugs in a rug? Fun! The paper designs are fun, bright and a little retro, totally my style. There is ALWAYS the staple stripes and flowers somewhere in each line. The new papers are all double sided with a co-ordinating solid which I love, they totally listened to what the consumer wanted.

Below are some projects made with 3 bugs in a rug products, some you'll have seen already this month. First up is a group shot of a gift set I made for my friend Tricia. I made her a journal jar, journal and matching card, tag and bag. Loved working with the cabana line. Below the group shot is each item close up.







I think the cabana line is my favorite line (so far) its perfect summer paper, and the colors just POP!

I'm also digging the chaos and confusion alpha stickers, this was the first time I'd worked with them and they are great. Random style letters in different fonts and sizes makes anything look good! The newest addition to the 3 bugs products are clear stamps, brads and chipboard! Loving the co-ordination of the products. I've only found 2 lines that I wasn't over the moon about, the sugar line and tickled pink, I think thats just the amount of girlishness on them though, just not me. Too pink? Maybe that's it. One thing I really found interesting was the french country line, very farmhouse chic. This is a line that could totally be shabby and distressed. 3 Bugs also has BIG monograms, great for cards or titles.

Naturally at CHA they unveiled new additional lines for this year which were cocoa, blossom and seeing stars, of which I HAVE to have blossom and seeing stars! Love those two lines! The cocoa line, is one of those lines that I like a few of the papers but not all of them, kinda like the ticked pink and sugar lines I guess. Whereas all the other lines I just want everything!


For more projects using 3 bugs in a rug, you find lots of inspiration on this months
sponsor gallery at treasures to scrap. Lots of great ideas for 3 bugs products including cards, layouts and altered items.

2 comments:

Gail March 15, 2007 at 11:36 AM  

Wow - you've made so many wonderful items! Thanks for the informative review!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com