April Layout Sketch #4

Monday, April 23, 2007

Template number four for this month! I've been seeing some great layouts! Thanks to everyone who is emailing me and leaving comments about the sketches, love to get feedback. This one was tough for me, not sure why it just didn't flow for me. I flipped it (as did a couple of the sketch girls) and I layered the photo OVER the ribbon instead of under it. I think this is one of the reasons I like sketches, you don't have to stay exact to it! Turn it, flip it, rotate it, just take inspiration from it! For the digi girls the Digital template is available HERE
As always hook me up in the comments if you create a layout!
Enjoy!


Edit: sorry its gone! Published in scrapstreet June issue!



Digital Layout by Di Hickman
credits: papers and title tab- Anne Langpap Nov05 freebie (2peasinabucket); ribbons-Shabby Princess sweet sprinkles kit; Stamp-shabby princess; Brads-shabbyprincess wonderful kit; all from www.shabbyprincess.com; Fonts: Arial (journalling), Monotype Corsiva (title)


Digital layout by Renee’ Morris-Dezember
Credits: All elements by andreadesigns.blogspot.com – Midnight Frenzy Kit


Digital layout by Brigitte v.Tienhoven
Credits: Papers-Paperpack Red-Black at scrapkit.nl; Font-Charlie; flower by Brigitte v.Tienhoven


Digital layout by Angela Shetzer
credits: Angie Brigg’s Beloved Collection (scrapgirls.com)


Digital layout by Julie Ann Shahin
Credits: Everything Michelle Coleman Girl Talk Kit available to Disc Talk Radio Subscribers except where noted; Notebook Edge: Corina Nielsen; Graph Paper: Jen Wilson New Garden Accessories; Stitching: Tia Bennett Joined at the Hip; Inked edge: Jan Crowley Little Black Dress kit


Digital layout by Dawn McDowell
Credits: popup frame - Popups by Tracey Gilbert Monette at SBE; Staple - Signature Collection by Shabby Princess at Shabbyprincess.com; white tag - Bella Kit by Shabby Princess at Shabbyprincess.com; Everything else - Smarshmellow kit by Shabby Princess at Shabbyprincess.com; Photo editing actions - Michelle Pearson - black and white at SBB; Kimberly Gesweins Photo border action; Shadow Actions - Traci Murphy at TraciMurphydesigns.com; Font: KGDDawnM Print - Kimberly Geswein


Layout by Lisa Haas
Supply list: Bazzill Cardstock; We R Memories pattern papers and ribbon (Urban Windows/Peasant collection); Brenda Walton jewels; Bazzill BLING flowers and brads; Daisy (dollar store find) pop dots; L'il Davis vintage wood alphas; Tim Holtz Distress Ink (vintage photo)


Digital Layout by Egle Noel
Creditis: FONTS:CK Hunting, CK Man's Print; KITS: Garden Melody by Kelly Shults (ACOT); Garden Melody Add-On Pack by Kelly Shults (ACOT); Oh Boy! Kit by Kelly Shults (ACOT); Pier 49 by Amy Teets (ACOT); Blooms and Blossoms - Cardboard by Christine Nash (ACOT); Pipe Cleaner Doo-Dads {Hodgepodge} by Lena Brandenburg Designs (TDS); Pipe Cleaner Doo-Dads {Arrows} by Lena Brandenburg Designs (TDS); Ribbon Twirlies by Bella Gypsy Designs (ACOT)



Layout by Lisette A Madsen
Supply list: papers from American Craft, Bazzill, Crate Paper



Digital layout by Tracy Madsen
Credits: Shabby princess kit

12 comments:

Paula J Atkinson April 23, 2007 at 12:29 PM  

Stunning work here. I love that lily page but all the others are very lovely too.such fantastic interpretations all from one sketch idea. talent is amazing!!!
I have almost finished my card for the latest sketch & have begun another. They will be ready tomorrow. I am very pleased with one as i have dared to use orange, a colour that scares me!!

Annie April 23, 2007 at 5:36 PM  

great template, thank you!

Pearl April 23, 2007 at 6:27 PM  

great template as always Di ! trust you are keeping well ! Busy busy bee that you are ! lol thanks much !

smiles, Pearl

Anonymous,  April 23, 2007 at 11:47 PM  

Wow Di, your LO with the lily is gorgeous ! What a wonderful photo. Thanks for the template, really fun working with it and I love the LO's that were made ;-) I already finished sketch 5, I am like a child on Xmasmorning everytime a new sketch appears in my mailbox .... want to play with it immediately LOL

Anonymous,  April 24, 2007 at 2:10 AM  

more great stuff here - I love to see different sketch interpretations, very inspiring

Dawn♥ April 24, 2007 at 4:40 AM  

Great bunch of LO's ladies and one awesome sketch Di!!

& you've also been tagged by me! lol

come on over to my blog all the same ! lol

Rachel April 24, 2007 at 6:49 AM  

Awesome sketch Di and great LOs ladies!

Rachel

grambie April 24, 2007 at 10:45 AM  

Fabulous interpretations of your wonderful sketch design. Love the different approaches to your template, maintaining your design yet adding their own unique perspective. Reading your journaling is an inspiration because it lets me know that the same ?s or thoughts that I have regarding design choices is not my personal obstacle. The different is of course that yours work. "SMILE." Have a beautiful day.

Anonymous,  April 24, 2007 at 11:31 AM  

Such beautiful pages that I just had to have a go at this sketch... though I didn't see until after I had done the page that there was a link to the template for digi scrappers :( but I managed anyway... so thank you for the template... and the inspiration :)

Anonymous,  April 24, 2007 at 1:01 PM  

love the template, so versatile! thanks a ton and also thanks for the LO ideas :)

Anonymous,  April 27, 2007 at 12:37 AM  

STUNNING - I love this template the LO's are lovely

had ago but intend to play more

Anonymous,  April 28, 2007 at 9:33 AM  

Amazing template

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com