Review: shabby princess

Saturday, April 21, 2007

When it was announced that Shabby Princess was a digi sponsor for Treasures to Scrap I think the whole team about fainted! She's an icon in digital scrapbooking. When I started digital scrapping I think shabby princess was the second kit I downloaded, one of her freebies, that was back in late 2005 and well I've been a follower of hers since! If you haven't heard of her? where the heck have you been?

For this month we got to spend a gift card and pick items of our choice, well that alone was tough for me. My first choice I went for something I wouldn't normally pick, Wonderful! Its aimed at boy pages, and well I have a husband, boy enough for me! Plus I'll admit I love the colors and designs in this kit!


This layout is my DH. I took these pics when we went riding earlier this year, sorry to say we don't take many pics now, we should. I plan on doing an album soon all about our riding exploits. I have enough stories!
Credits: Wonderful Kit by Shabby Princess; Font: SP Wonderful Wendy (journalling) and I can't remember the title font will look it up later; Photo frame by Misty Cato

This layout is again of DH and this time with his buddies. Brett took the photo's (guy with the glasses) and I love them! Totally show them goofing off and having fun! These were taken in 2006 before I started riding.
Credits: Wonderful kit Shabby Princess; Font: bitstream vera sans

The second kit I got was Organic. I admit since I tried blue and orange together last year I've been hooked on the combination. The last blue and orange kit I got was boyish, so I opted for this kit, with softer tones.

Since my Mum figured out how to use her scanner she's been scanning in and emailing me our family heritage photo's. This one is of my Grandad as a child, I think its a school photo.
Credits: Organic kit by shabby princess; template by Jennilynn designs; font: SP wonderful Wendy

Every month at Treasures to Scrap Misty Cato gives us a layout template challenge. Below was the first layout I did for this challenge. Loved the stamps in this kit, and the title tabs, plus this is the first time I cut apart a photo like this. To snag the template and join in the challenge go to the TTS forum here be quick though, it never stays up long!
credits: organic kit by Shabby Princess; template - misty cato; font bitstream vera sans

You'll notice throughout Aprils card sketches I've been using shabby princess for my digital cards, love her stuff for cards cos the papers are so textured. Incase you didn't know she also designs for Bo Bunny! So you paper scrappers can enjoy her stuff too!

Now those that love digital know shabby princess does digital freebies. Her freebies are AWESOME! If you are new to digital or just dabbling I suggest you head to her site and snag some! She offers the BEST freebies! Here are a couple of layouts using her freebies!

Credits: Shabby princess spring breeze kit; shabby tea party kit;

credits: shabby princess shabby smile kit; template by misty cato

And to tempt you into doing to her site I'm adding this kit preview of her latest freebie called Festival, I used it on some cards and layouts earlier this month. Isn't it just beautiful?
You can download the free festival kit here. I've LOVED having Shabby Princess as this months sponsor! Seriously great kits! Loved everything I got, she is such an inspiration as a designer and scrapbooker.

It's going to take a while to get over having such a great sponsor but Treasures to Scrap has some great paper and digital sponsors lined up for us! Including: Around the block; We R Memory Keepers; Carolee's creations; Shelle Pukas, and Doris Castle! Lots more reviews to come! Now I need to head back to my scrap table and work on some competition layouts! Until tomorrow!

5 comments:

Anonymous,  April 22, 2007 at 2:04 AM  

You are so right, Shabby Princess is great.Love those designs too. You really made some gorgeous LO's with them !

Rachel April 22, 2007 at 6:44 AM  

Di I love your reviews... I think I am going to feature that review of SP on my blog too... I love her digi kits... and I have a great collection. Just don't know how to use them yet..LOL

Rach

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design April 22, 2007 at 10:54 AM  

You really rocked it out with this kit. Everything is so lovely!!!

grambie April 22, 2007 at 12:21 PM  

What a beautiful display of fantastic photos. Fantastic that your Mother is sending you photos so that you can scrap them. Your heritage photo just reaches out to me with the lovely, versatile kit you used. The green & orange color choice for your granddad definitely add that extra pop. I love Misty Cato's designs & have her lovely 4-block template. It works for me although I scrap rectangular. Keep up your fine layouts. Now to visit Shabby Princess. Thanks for the nl.

Paula J Atkinson April 23, 2007 at 10:24 PM  

Such gorgeous colours in these pages! Love them.
My two cards from the latest card sketch are now done & on my blog. TFL.x

http://minibookpixie.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com