Time for some layouts!

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Ok first I want to start off by saying that the last month has been awesome! I've been in a couple of competitions and thought today I'd share scrapstreets competition entries. I didn't win the contest.. however I DID get offered a spot on the ezine team! Don't worry I'll still be having the same content on the blog but there will be some changes, as always change is good! I'm already on their digital team, and hope to get more involved in that too, but this spot is on their ezine team so I'll be writing articles etc.

Ok Round #1 was to scrap 'IT'. 'IT' could be anything, so I chose to go a little tongue in cheek with it. A pic from my self portraits back last year. Almost everything in this digi layout is a freebie!

Credits: shabby princess free digital kit: splended, spring breeze (alpha); font: SP wonderful wendy;dot circle: saskia bokkers

Round #2 we were given the challenge to include 3 numbers in the project. As you can see I met that! This is one of the hybrid layouts I did during the contest and I love it! The middle panel with the photo is all done on the computer and printed. Also see the dotted circles again!

Edit: removed for publication in Scrapstreet June issue!


Supplies: Font: century gothic; cardstock: DCWV; paper: crate paper; chipboard alpha: heidi swapp; photo corners: 3L; paw print: boxer stamp;


Round #3 we had to do a "how-to" article. As I'd done hybrid the previous week I thought I'd do it on hybrid. I did a whole step-by-step on how to create reverse text printing (revamped article from a while back) and created a layout to go with it. Again another current favorite. I'll share the how-to later in the week, trying to get done so I can walk the dogs and crash for the evening!

Edit: Removed for Publication: Creative Techniques Spring 2008



Supplies: font: century gothic; cardstock: DCWV; paper: chatterbox; brad: queen & co; flower: heidi swapp;



Round #4 was a challenge round. I did a sketch challenge (cos you know I love those) created a card and layout sketch and created samples to go with them. I also did the digital templates for each. And I will be offering those on the blog next weekend, national scrapbook day is the 5th May so look for it then!
supplies: cardstock: bazzill; paper: imagination project, chloes closet; stamps: autumn leaves; pen: zig; alpha: making memories velvet alphabet stickers; stitching;


Round #5 the final round. We had to create an article just like you'd see in the ezine with a 'cover' layout. Again I will share that later, I gotta get off here! Dogs crossing their legs! I did my article on the importance of getting US in the layouts and in the photo instead of behind the camera! Again another current favorite! Loving some of the stuff I've been doing this month!
Supplies: cardstock: DCWV; papers: one heart one mind; rub-ons: one heart one mind; photo corner: one heart one mind; chipboard alpha: heidi swapp;


Ok so that's what I've been working on! Lots more to share throughout this week! Layouts from another contest which REALLY pushed me. And I'll share the article, how-to and sketches from scrapstreets contest. Plus the last layout sketch for April. Catch you all tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous,  April 30, 2007 at 3:42 AM  

Di, Love the cheeky layout about IT! Made me laugh :)

You do beautiful work! Thanks for sharing!

Rachel April 30, 2007 at 5:09 AM  

Love your work my sweets... always inspiring you are!!!!!

Rach

Renee' Morris-Dezember April 30, 2007 at 8:08 AM  

Awesome Entries Di - Congrats on making it on the ezine team :)

grambie May 1, 2007 at 10:52 AM  

Congratulations on all your wonderful entries for the individual categories. They are just spectacular. Oh your ability for imagery is just outstanding. So glad you are on the Ezine team with your ability to do hybrid scrapping & your fantastic tutorials. I know whatever endeaver you are involved in, only the highest quality of work will results. KUDOS!!!!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com