Product Review - Craf-T Products

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Ok I'm gonna admit something here which is probably going to shock some people (including myself) I actually enjoyed working with chalks! Ok there I said it! When I first discovered that Craf-T products were sponsoring the design team at Treasures to Scrap I was a little concerned. Afterall I'm a simple scrapper, I don't DO chalks, but I figured I owed it to my design team and blog readers to continue to do the review and play with the product.

So the package arrived. Oh my! It was packed! I never knew the product could be so diverse either! I got a big chalk pack, 2 packs of glimmer chalks, 2 of the cremes and some tools (enchancers and applicators). I was instantly drawn to the glimmers but once I used them found they had a very subtle effect, then I saw on the Craf-T website that I could use them in conjunction with the regular chalks and that opened up a whole new world!

I made some cards with chalks. My first reaction was to use chalk with stamps and around the edges of the card. I stamped with Rangers Perfect Medium pad and chalked over the top.


(as you can see I'm liking the enjoy stamp! It's the Studio G stamp sets from Michaels)


Then I got a little more adventurous and chalked the flower on this card! I mean it matches the Heidi Swapp tape perfectly now! The flower was white to begin with. The chalk went on smoothly and stayed on too!

My last card was for my friend Erin. I've already gone over the masking technique before but I stil love it with chalks, and the Craf-T chalks are SO MUCH SMOOTHER at masking that the old chalks I had! Love this stamp too! The circle just screams for chalk! I think this is one card I'll be repeating over and over! I love it! The "e" is for my friend Erin, I actually sent her this card today.


The Glimmers and Cremes were an instant hit with me. I loved the subtle effect of the glimmers and the richness of the cremes. On this layout I chalked the photo background. The snowflakes are embossed and cut out, then covered with the cremes. I loved the shades of blue in the metallics. I also chalked all the edges. In all the most chalking I've done EVER on one layout.


I want to add that my previous chalking experience was with Chalklets (by EK success), you know the ones that come in a flower shaped package? All I can say is if you are wanting to try chalking DO NOT buy the chalklets! Seriously, my whole view of chalking was changed by Craf-T chalks and I've done a total 180! The Craf-T chalks are FAR, FAR, FAR superior to the chalklet ones and I actually donated my old ones to my friends kids, totally NOT using that chalklets pack again. Its not something I'll be doing every week on my projects but I know now that chalking can be fun! And the shimmers and cremes are gonna look GREAT on christmas cards this year!

Thank You Craf-T chalks!


6 comments:

Just Me May 15, 2007 at 4:22 PM  

Di... Thanks for your comment on my blog.... I subscribe to your newsletter so I get the links. ya know... I sure hope I have taught my girls better... I know they say please and thank you to me... hopefully they do the same to others...
As far as password protecting your files I know that 4shared allows you to password protect the folder which also does so for the files in it. Hope that makes sense.
Also... I change the password some... but it is amazing how few downloads I have now that people have to go through my group! But that is fine with me... at least about 50% that download say thank you now.... so I know who will NOT get unsubbed unless I catch em sharing my links.

I can't remeber where you host your files... I don't download too many from anyone (I'll never use all that I have) but I know with 4shared you can do what you want... though starting the yahoo group is the ONLY thing so far I have found that has cut down the sharing of links... so far anyway... we will see in the future!
sorry for the book here!

Dawn♥ May 16, 2007 at 4:39 AM  

WOWza girl those cards are all so very stunning. And thank you for the product review! Each card has it's own personality using those chalks. Thanks so much for sharing and keep up the beautiful work!

Dawn♥ May 16, 2007 at 4:51 AM  

Hey doll I made a new card using your May 5th card sketch! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

http://dailyscrappinspiration.blogspot.com/

Michelle May 16, 2007 at 6:05 AM  

Lovely cards Di!! I haven't tried chalks much myself but you've inspired me now to give it a go. You did great with your cards. Thats really cool how you chalked the flower :)

Anonymous,  May 16, 2007 at 9:07 AM  

Beautiful cards, Di!

Tammy

Pearl May 16, 2007 at 4:58 PM  

so glad i havent gotten any brand of chalks yet ! now i know ! lol

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com