sharing... scrapstreet

Thursday, May 3, 2007

The latest scrapstreet Ezine is up! The May issue is JAM PACKED let me tell you! And did you see the cover? Down there, look at the bottom right of the cover, do you see it? "Ready to blog? Di gets you started" that's my first article! Go me! You can check it out here


The May free kit is "touch of tile" by Dora. Rockin kit. Love the elements in this kit! You can see the preview below, and get the download info here There are also a TON of free kits in the scrapstreet digital store. Remember Scrapstreet has a new free kit every month, so keep checking back!




For those that didin't catch the April issue here is the cover! Love the cover layout and colors! Too fun! You can see the full issue and articles here, there is an awesome article on embossing I'd recommend checking out!

Here is my layout for "pixel place" with the free digital kit this month. We had to do a layout that was about spring. When I first did this layout I really wasn't 100% sure I liked it, but the more I looked at it the more it grew on me. Totally been in a circle phase lately!



The free digital kit for April was Tropical Expression by Dora. Such fun papers! And Dora rocks the alpha's! Totally a spring/summer kit with the bright colors. I have to say Scrapstreet rocks the freebies! How can you not love an ezine that gives you a free digital kit every month? You can find details on downloading the kit here



Ok lastly I want to share the following calls for the Scrapstreet July issue! I want to encourage everyone to submit! If you aren't sure of the submission 'rules' Scrapstreet has a nice little post with info for submissions. So everyone thats doing the sketches, making cards, and scrapping SUBMIT! You could be in the July Ezine!
July Cover Contest: For the Red, White, and Blue! Send us your best pages showcasing these colors. One layout will be published on the cover and receive a prize package. Top 10 finalists will be published in the article.

Discovery and Digital Discovery: if we have never published your work, send in three samples of work showcasing your unique style and you might be one of our latest Discoveries.

Article Calls:

Summer foods--you love to eat them, but have you scrapped them yet? If so, we want to see!

Summer sports and backyard fun--going outside? Take us with you. Share your layouts filled with fun.

Vacations--Got your bags packed? Where to? Disney? Camping? Aunt Flo's? Show us your vacation best.

Focus on the title--did you capture the entire pages emotion with the perfect title? Send it our way!

The fireworks shot--the bombs bursting in air, the sparklers sparkling--and you captured it on film. Show us and tell us how!

Seeing Stars! In honor of the 4th of July- it’s all about stars - how are you using them on your pages? We want to see!

Altered bird houses--share yours!

Cards--We are looking for bbq and summer invites this month.


Deadline is June 1 for all calls. Send submissions to: submissions@scrapstreet.com


Good luck everyone!

4 comments:

Gail May 3, 2007 at 2:01 PM  

Loved your article on blogging - even I can follow it! And thanks for the great security tips in ScrapStreet's newsletter - it's a wonderful reminder!

Anonymous,  May 3, 2007 at 2:05 PM  

Hey Di, thanks so much for writing about Scrap Street...I had never heard of it. Great article!
And a note on the puppy..yes the chewing has already begun..he thinks he is bigger than he really is, trying to carry things twice his size lol.

*Beatriz Jennings* May 4, 2007 at 8:21 AM  

Love the scrapstreet mag! Also you can check one of my cards in the May issue,

Beatriz Jennings :)

Paula J Atkinson May 5, 2007 at 4:14 AM  

Gorgeous layouts. Love the signs of spring really pretty right up my street.
I will get your card sketch done this weekend, even today maybe!!!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com