May Round Up!

Saturday, June 2, 2007

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Scrapbooking mags, and that's it. Every month I come to this question and realize I have read nothing!

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
Well TV wise everything I watched pretty much ended. Summer is going to be dull with no Grey's, Supernatural, Medium etc. On top of all that I started watched reruns of a show called "surface" got really into it to find they only made one series and now I'm left with a cliffhanger ending *sigh*. Movies: We watched music & lyrics; epic movie; both kinda blah. Music & Lyrics wasn't as good as I'd hoped. Disappointing really.

What special days did I celebrate and how?
May 5th! National scrapbook day! I had card and layout sketch/template on my blog. Treasures to Scrap had a mini crop and the usual weekend fun at Scrapstreet. Didn't get a whole lot done that weekend, one layout and 4 cards but it was fun!

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
I had my Tetanus and MMR shots on the 1st and ended up with major arm pain for days. Got a head cold during the month, Bob had it worse though I got a mild version.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
9th off-roading - Gorman, Hungry Valley - which the week after had a HUGE wildfire; 13th off-roading - Rowher; 26th off-roading = Rowher; Yep most my weekends consist of dirtbiking now!

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
No new restaurants though we visited "Follow your heart" for the first time in a long while! I had something new their tofu wrap, it was yummy. Naturally we got some of their awesome chocolate raspberry cake to go. Oh and I discovered I like guacamole now! I swear I never liked it before but its actually quite nice now. Also tried "Traderade" the Trader Joes equivalent of Gatorade. Well I say tried, Bob actually ended up drinking them both so um.. yeah. I guess I should HE tried Traderade. In the end we got Propel fitness water, in sachets. Use them in our camelpaks for biking. Also tried "play foods cheese" which is a vegan squeeze cheese. We had 3 different ones and so far I'm not impressed. Our vegan friend Greg loves 'em. I think its the whole concept of squeezy cheese for me, its just not right! Bob seems to be enjoying them so far though. Apparantly we need to find the nacho cheese one it's the best according to Greg. I think it was the texture for me, just not like squeezey cheese its more of a whippy consistency, weird. Maybe try it on a burger sometime see if that's better.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Got some Mooseguards for my bike! Look awesome and should stop me damaging the levers when I fall off (which is often!). Bob ordered a new pair of pants online which were WAY small for him, I tried em on and they are slightly baggy on the waist but otherwise a perfect fit! And lighter material so better for summer riding! So yep new pair of pants!

What were this month’s disappointments?
Mostly I was disappointed in myself for not submitting as much as I want. My plan is to work MUCH further ahead now. Need to get a month ahead with DT work so I can concentrate on magazine submissions. Ha well that's the plan!

What were my accomplishments this month?
Ready Set Create picked up some work; Scrapstreet picked up some work and I was a cover finalist; Got up to date (ie: ahead) on DT projects; I completed the photo a day in May project!

Total craft projects completed
cards = 31
paper layouts = 1
digi layout = 14
altered/projects = 6


Anything else noteworthy to record?
My first complete month as staff crew at Scrapstreet. 2 Columns published, cover finalist and lots of other stuff throughout the June issue. Definately fun seeing things from the other side of the fence!

4 comments:

lee June 2, 2007 at 7:23 PM  

You had a busy month....love all your stuff, have not tried anything yet, but i am going to.

Michelle June 3, 2007 at 6:37 AM  

Your a busy lady Di. I wish I had half of your energy. Keep creating, I always love what you share.

Anonymous,  June 4, 2007 at 8:58 AM  

Oooooh, I love this format...I've been wanting to do some sort of weekly/monthly "roundup" in my blog but had no idea how to go about it. Love how you've set up yours!

And I'm not much of a scrapper, but I do love a challenge, so I'll be checking on the ones you've mentioned in the next post and seeing what I can come up with!

Rachel June 4, 2007 at 4:14 PM  

I think this is my fave of all of your entries. I love reading your recap and see just how busy you get with your scrapping. Keep up the hard work Di!!

Rach

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com