Review: Adorn It

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Our June sponsor at Treasures to Scrap is Adorn It/Carolee's Creations. Now I am going to confess here that I wasn't that familiar with their products prior to this month so I welcomed the chance to work with new (to me) product!

Whenever I get my Design Team boxes its always a little slice of heaven opening them. Especially so when I'm not 100% certain exactly WHAT is inside! Tracy (TTS owner) always tailors the parcels, so I'm not stuck with Baby paper or something I can't use, so imagine my joy at finding MOTORCROSS papers! How perfect! I got rev it up and bike tracks papers, which just suited me FINE!

At first I was a little peeved cos the papers had red and green as accent colors and well MY bike is blue, my gear is blue, all blue. Would have looked ok I guess but I remembered Bobs old Kawasaki! GREEN! PERFECT! So I got the pics sorted, printed and the page fell together! Love that it doesn't need much else in the way of accents! Title is already done too! Heck even men could do this *wink*

Supplies: Patterned paper - Adorn It; Chalk - craf T; pen - zig; rub-on - DCWV;

After the layout I had plenty of paper and scraps left over so I made this tag book. Been in quite a tag book phase lately, the seem to be popping up quite a bit in my creating. So quick and fun to make, great gifts too! The only problem I found AFTER the fact is that I have waaaaaay too much journalling to include on the tags. If you read Tuesdays bike post you'll see what I mean. I have some paper left over so I may make a journal, or mini book or something.
Supplies: Patterned paper - Adorn It; Rub ons - DCWV, MME & Dollartree


Used Autumn Leaves journaling stamps, and *SHOCK* my own handwriting!


The Adorn It papers came as 2 "packets", themed and non-themed. My non-theme was the Amber Collection. Loving these papers, so colorful and fun! Again Tracy knew which ones to pick for me! love her to bits, she knows me so well!

I was initially thinking water photo's when I started working with these papers but it kinda evolved into a page about goats. Why goats? The journaling should be readable if you click the image.

Supplies: Patterned Paper: Adorn It; Cardstock: DCWV; Ribbon: Adorn It; Stamps: Adorn It; Ink: Tim Holtz; alpha sticker: dollartree; Font: bitstream vera sans;

When I got these Amber papers I knew immediately they'd be fun for a journal. I love altering journals, and books. This one is for me, an altered composition book. I haven't been journaling at all this year, and well I miss it. I was going to continue in my old journal, but decided to make myself a fun new one! Sometimes I need reminding that there are NO RULES to this, that I can stop and start journalling as I please, and it's ok. Anyway LOVING the colors and the cute ribbon!
Supplies: patterned paper - Adorn It; Ribbon - Adorn It; Tape - Heidi Swapp; Chipboard alpha - Lil David; Alpha sticker - American crafts;

Altering the inside covers is just something I HAVE to do. Especially in the composition books where it's preprinted stuff on the inside covers. Prettied up with patterned paper! Love the Heidi swap tape with these papers too! Perfect!




Oh I should also mention their stamps!!! Got these back in March I beleive when we got our quarterly DT boxes. I bought them myself, cos well I figured try everything Di! And like I need an excuse to buy more stamps? I bought the Stylin Sandra set totally cute!
They are acrylic stamps and so fun! When I get the DT sponsor boxes, I sort them by month and then use them as required, so I naturally forgot totally about these little babies till last month when I opened the pack in preparation for June! What a lovely surprise! Great stamps! Cling great, stamp perfect images and super duper easy clean up! Definitely on my top stamps list! (expect to see lots of these over the next few months!)

If I could change ONE thing about the patterned paper I'd make it double sided. I like a solid color on the reverse of my prints. I'd rather pay a little extra and get that doubled sided paper. The ribbon was perfect, loved the quality and the print, too cute! Matched the papers perfectly!

In all I thoroughly enjoyed working with the Adorn It sponsor this month! I still have plenty of paper left over (including some not shown here - the discover stripes, very cute!) so hopefully should I get chance more projects to come! I've been using Adorn It for the cards this month too.

For more projects featuring products from Adorn It - Carolee's Creations go to the Treasures to Scrap
Adorn It sponsor gallery! Tons of inspiration there!

2 comments:

grambie June 15, 2007 at 1:55 PM  

WOW, I don't see how you are able to keep up with it all. Digital, Paperscrapping along with your templates of cards, pages, etc. It is obvious that you have so much inside it can't wait to come out. Anyway, I love it & look forward to any of your designs. Thanks for letting us view. HUGS!!!

Trish April 5, 2008 at 1:47 PM  

I love a fresh new journal! yours is so cute:)

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com