Layout Sketch June #2

Friday, June 15, 2007

I swear I totally forgot today was the 15th! Where are the days going? Got totally sidetracked with stuff. Anyway this month I decided to offer a bonus layout sketch. Usually I only do one a month, with the odd bonus thrown in for good measure. So back in March (I think it was March, definately a while ago) my friend Rach sent me a rough sketch and I kinda played with it, and made it into this!

And yep the 8.5 x 11 version is available too!

You can download both templates HERE with full layered psd, a jpg of each and individual .png files! Remember to hook me up in the comments (or email) if you use the sketch, I love to come check them out! Here is my layout:

Credits: Shelle Pukas Peaches'n'cream kit; font: SP Wonderful Wendy



I sent the sketch out to the girls and they came up with some interesting takes on it, which rocks! Love how everyone took it and made it their own! Especially Renee, doing a card! Well done girls awesome work!

Layout by Rachel Tops
Products: Bazzill CS; Fancy Pants PP; 7 Gypsies 97% Complete Inspire Stickers
SU Ink; Zig Pen; Asst buttons




Layout by Megan Shanor
Credits: Kim Johnson's Friends kit and also her Washed T-Shirts (Blues Collection) Paper. I also used MissMint's Rhinestones and Trish Jones's Dotted Decos. The fonts are Engebrechtre and Pea cammi-pea.



Layout by Angela Shetzer
Credits: Papers: Beloved Kit by Angie Briggs; Border: WalshT; Word Art: Wedded words; Frame: Pearly Love by MBrend; Rings: Anniversary Kit by Tamera Lee Miller; Photo: Jason Smith Photography



Layout by Egle Noel
Credits: Paper Bag Papers by design: Collection 1 by Julie Mead (paper); Paper Bag Papers by design: Collection 2 by Julie Mead (paper); Paper Bag Papers by design: Collection 3 by Julie Mead (paper); "Note"able by Amy Teets (paper, arrow, frame); Front Porch Swing Scrap Kit by Michelle Bradley (alpha for title); Blossoms With Bling by Michelle Bradley (blue gems); Lucky Stars by Lena Brandenburg (black paper used for stitches [all available at www.acherryontop.com]



Card by Renee' Morris-Dezember
supply lists: Bazzill Carstock, Pattern Paper and Rub-on by SWEETWATER



Layout by Brigitte v.Tienhoven
Credits : Papers by Berna Datema, Tribute to Gaudi



Layout by Dawn McDowell
credits: Solid and Dot papers - Art Bin Collection by Kim HIll; Light blue star paper, ricrac, buttons,bike - On the Go kit by Kim Hill; cardboard - Teen Spirit kit by Kim Hill; Stitching - Yarn Element pack by Kim Hill; Notepaper lines overlay - Juicy Fruit Elements by Kim Hill; Date brush - Jessica Bolton; Cloud brush - The_Weather_Child_Brushes downloaded from Deviantart.com; Photo Border action - Kimberley Geswein; Photo actions - Urban Grunge by Michelle Pearson; Shadow Actions - Traci Murphy; font: Gr


16 comments:

Dawnree June 15, 2007 at 9:05 PM  

everyone did a great job! such fun layouts I love the card too!

Anonymous,  June 16, 2007 at 1:52 AM  

Wonderful work on your cards, I love to visit your blog! hugs Catherine

Anonymous,  June 16, 2007 at 6:38 AM  

Thanks for the nice template!

Rachel June 16, 2007 at 9:01 AM  

Awesome job pardner...LOL

Hugs
Rach

Anonymous,  June 16, 2007 at 10:24 AM  

Thanks for sharing this awesome template!

Denise June 16, 2007 at 10:55 AM  

This is just the coolest layout, such fun I can see myself using it time & again, many thanks for the template.
Loved all the sample cards, what creative minds!
I have already done two which are on my blog.
Great challenge
Den

Anonymous,  June 16, 2007 at 11:25 AM  

Wow, what an amazing template, and the creations from it are inspiring.

Anonymous,  June 16, 2007 at 12:03 PM  

Thank you!!--jsj

Anonymous,  June 16, 2007 at 4:41 PM  

Thanks so much!

grambie June 16, 2007 at 5:52 PM  

Oh my the star is just too cute with all its points. Love the various takes on your design with the various colors & patterns. So cute with the various changes: A dog in the 1st along with a rectangular center substituted for the oval. Each in its own way unique, yet your design is entirely visible to the eye. The last design uses larger photos @ the bottom & includes the star's center as part of the backdrop. Another wonderful & different take on your fantastic template. TFS. Leavin LUV!! XOXOXO

HeatherB June 16, 2007 at 7:10 PM  

Wow, I love seeing what everyone else does with the sketches, it is fun to see everyone's creative angle on it! Thank for this great template!

Anonymous,  June 16, 2007 at 8:06 PM  

What a great template. I just love all the LO's they did with this one. Each one is so different but so inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing!!!! BettyJoR

Tanja June 17, 2007 at 7:53 AM  

thank you for sharring the templates, they are fantastic!

Rebecca June 19, 2007 at 6:27 PM  

http://www.scrapblog.com/viewer/viewer.aspx?sbId=36250
I love the Sketch, it inspired me, but I also scrap-lifted a little. Thanks! rebecca@scrapblog.com

Leigh June 29, 2007 at 8:01 AM  

Di, completely awesome what everyone did with your sketch. I'm going to try it myself! TFS!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com