Card Sketch August #2

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Happy mid-week! It's Wednesday and here is this weeks card sketch! Is everyone ready for the challenge? As you can see a new fresh look with the template layout, incorporating my "Diagrams" into the weekly card sketches! The digital download for this week can be downloaded here


Happy Birthday Card by Di Hickman
Credits: Sandwashed Summer kit by Di Hickman; font: SP love life

I have to say I loved this sketch! In my efforts to get ahead on September cards (heavy birthday month for me) I made 2 cards with envelopes. I used 2 sheets of DCWV patterned paper from an old stack, and some cardstock with a few miscellaneous embellishments. Yep just 2 sheets of paper and that INCLUDES the envelopes! This sketch can be pretty minimal on the papers if you use scraps! I made the envelopes using a template then used the left over strip on the card! Definitely think I'll be using this sketch again!

Birthday Girl card by Di Hickman
Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Patterned Paper: DCWV; Dotlets: Making Memories; Flower: Prima; Rub-on: DCWV; Other: Ric Rac; Envelope:- Template: one heart... one mind; Paper: DCWV

Birthday Girl card by Di Hickman
Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV, Bazzill; Patterned Paper: DCWV; Brad: SEI; Flower: Prima; Rub-on: DCWV; Other: Ric Rac; Envelope:- Template: one heart... one mind; Paper: DCWV



Card by Jolene Johnston
Supplies: Die Cuts With a View card; Bo Bunny papers; StazOn ink; Stampendous stamp; Making Memories fiber; Heidi Grace snap heart; The Paper Studio brads



Card by Wendy McGlinchey
Materials used:- Bazzill card stock, Basic Grey patterned Papers, Tuscan Rose kitten image, Stampin' Up Paint Prints,Brown Versafine ink pad, Cameo Coral Stampin' Spot, three red gems.



Card by Pearl Liu
supply list : Bazzill CS , Luxe Design pp, Making Memories sticker, Cuttlebug embossing folder D'vine Swirls



Card by Indah Permata Sari
Supply List: Miss Tiina's Dirty Babe - Boy (available at misstiina.com); Essential Stitches by Nicole Pols aka Windgefluester (available at Pocket-Pearls.com)



Card by Cindy Gilchrist
Supplies: Papers and Flowers from Ronna Penner's "Express Yourself" digital kit, ribbon by Hallmark, "Hello" rubber stamp by Studio G, Button (unknown brand), Colorbox Chalk Ink and Machine Stitching.



Card by Cheryl Meehan
Supplies : Paper by Shabby Princess, Blooms by Angel Kisses and Prima Sprite, Brads by Papermania, Stamps by Karen Foster Snap Stamps, Corner Rounder Punch by EK Success.



Card by Kelly Nelson
Supplies: PP Scenic Route and unknown, CS Tasman supplies, American Craft rubon, unknown bottle cap, white gel pen, versamagic ink, sewing thread, brads from my stash.



Card by Linda Flinders



As always if you do the sketch hook me up in the comments or email me, I love to come check them out!

Oh and just incase you are interested, don't forget that scrapstreet is looking for Halloween/fall cards for the October issue!Just incase you wanted to get a head start on those fall cards! *wink*

15 comments:

Pink Blossom Creations August 8, 2007 at 3:18 PM  

Love this sketch very much.
have done my card it can be seen on my blog
caroline x

michelle sturgeon August 8, 2007 at 5:59 PM  

Way different for me, but I like it!
http://comestampwithme.blogspot.com/2007/08/wednesday-means-di-hickman-sketch.html

Ginger B August 8, 2007 at 6:06 PM  

wonderful cards ladies....

mum-on-the-run August 9, 2007 at 12:19 AM  

Great cards, can't wait to see more :)

Denise August 9, 2007 at 2:19 AM  

Another great sketch and so much variety on offer.....my effort is on my blog....http://densbloggers.blogspot.com/2007/08/di-hickman-card-sketch-2.html

Ali August 9, 2007 at 6:48 AM  

HI, loved the sketch and was immediately inspired! Hope you like my card.

www.paperpiecing.blogspot.com

grambie August 9, 2007 at 4:04 PM  

I just love the name of your templates with the beginning of your name. Awesome marketing strategy that uses a strong tool of association. Not only are your templates visually pleasing, but they always have that extra edge that is uniquely yours. This card is no exception. So pretty with the various techniques applied to your template. Nice with the diagonal affect that can be taken to higher planes of design. So glad to be associated with your blog. It has been a learning and enjoying experience. Leavin LUV! XOXOXO .

Jacqueline August 10, 2007 at 5:57 AM  

Hi, I joined in your challenge - the slanting line is not too much at an angle because of the size card I choose, but I really thought this was an inspirational sketch. Thanks!
Here is my card:
http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=1211336

scrappa jack August 10, 2007 at 9:00 AM  

Hi this is my card for the August 2#. Thanks for looking.
http://scrappajack.blogspot.com/

Debbie G August 10, 2007 at 11:40 AM  

Got mine done at last. Here it is:

My Card

Anonymous,  August 11, 2007 at 1:57 AM  

ooo what a FAB Di agram LOVE IT

and I made LOADS!!!

Made by Mandy August 11, 2007 at 6:41 AM  

Hi Di, have been lurking on your blog for a while but not made a card using your sketches before. I used this week's sketch and the card can be seen here on my blog http://amandacruxton.blogspot.com/2007/08/happy-birthday-grandad.html

Hope I have done this okay !

Thank you so much for the inspiration.

Beverley Todd August 12, 2007 at 6:45 PM  

I've never used a sketch for a card before - great fun! Here's mine: http://craftymoments.blogspot.com/2007/08/my-first-sketch-challenge.html

Pat August 15, 2007 at 5:12 AM  

Oh Good!!!!!I got it done before you posted the next one!!
Pat'sCard
Thanks again Di for the inspiration!!

SueH August 23, 2007 at 1:14 PM  

There's some really great inspriation here and some lovely cards.
My card can be seen here
http://sueskraftykards.blogspot.com/
Better late than never I guess, but I will be catching up with the rest.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com