Did you see?

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Mars last night? I didn't? I think it was all a scam. I've heard conflicting reports. Anyway I went out and got some moon shots. I am doing some weekly photography challenges at Treasures to Scrap, this week was "lunar". My shot for the challenge:

Panasonic Lumix Fz20;

Gotta say it's my best moon shot yet I think! I've had this camera for 2 years and I'm still learning what it can do. This is one of the shots I took with some digital zoom too, and I still think it's pretty good. The moon should still be full tonight so take the challenge yourself and go snap some photo's!

In other news I thought I'd share this:


It's a little idea card you can find at stores that sell one heart... one mind. This is one that I did for the "lovey dovey" line. It's also featured in their Summer 2007 catalogue.



Digital Store News: The August grab bag has been chopped up and put into the store! So far I've uploaded these to the store

Scallop Edge pack:- Paper sized scallop templates. Comes as a PNG file for use in many programs @ 300 ppi. The set contains 3 large paper sized templates with varying size scallops. Comes with a bonus set of border templates. $1.99 for the set!


Scallop frame pack:- Continuing with the scallop theme, this set contains a 4" circle frame, 4" square frame and a 6" x 4" rectangle frame. Also comes with bonus heart frame. Just use the same as any template, with the patterned paper of your choice! Just $1.25


Finally is the layout template sampler set. Features templates from months past, no longer available on the blog. If you missed these now is your chance to snap these up at a greatly reduced cost! Just $1.99 for all 6! Only available in 12x12 format!


More store updates coming soon!

6 comments:

Me August 28, 2007 at 2:34 PM  

Great Photo!! Love what you can do with the camera. You are a very talented lady!

Laura August 28, 2007 at 2:57 PM  

I saw the orange moon last night! It looked so strange :).

shawnyrvr August 28, 2007 at 9:35 PM  

I missed it I was sooooo mad at myself!!!! I had it on my calendar for weeks... and it was almost 2 am and I was like o shoot!!! and ran outside with the tripod in hand and I got a couple FULL moon shoots too but their not as gorgeous as yours... WHAT'S your SECRET!?!?!?! I couldn't even get it very well on manual at 30" it was so bright and blurred almost looking... but I couldn't get the camera to take it at any lower timed shutter speed. What was up with that? lol

Gorgeous Shot!!! and I'm almost in agreement with you unless it happened between 9:30 pm (when it gets dark EST) and 1:45 am it wasn't there... cause I kept checking after that until about 6:45 am (when Dawn starts here) and NADA' except that beautiful full moon. It was a beauty! and a VERY CLEAR night to see the entire surface almost with the naked eye.

AnyHoo... Have a great night!
Blessings, Shawna

PS Do you really think it was all a fib... or mistake???

shawnyrvr August 28, 2007 at 9:43 PM  

OMG!!! You made me research it!!! and I can't believe THIS!!! It was on our freaking NEWSCAST here for real on the local NEWS!!! WHAT a BUNCH of MORONS!!!. I can't believe that they didn't validate it with scientist before reporting on it!!! HOW LAME!!! I knew I lived amongst some of the not so brightest in the world but to actually report it as REAL NEWS... what ever happened to investigative reporting??? {{{lol}}

Here's the link of info for you: http://www.snopes.com/science/mars.asp

Blessings,
Shawna

Jan Scholl August 29, 2007 at 12:53 PM  

the mars thing was and always is a scam-if it were true, it would change the orbit of the earth and we would all die.

http://www.universetoday.com/2007/07/25/will-the-mars-look-as-big-as-the-moon-on-august-27-nope/

do a google search or check snopes.com

Aimeslee Winans August 29, 2007 at 2:07 PM  

OMG, Di, I have the Panasonic Lumix Fz30...I cannot believe you got that shot! Please tell us the settings of the moon photo, please! Cuz I knew I had a great camera, but didn't know it was THAT good, LOL.

Like you said, I am also learning still what this fab camera can do, after almost as long (I think it'll be 2 years this fall when I bought it).

Thanks for your comments on my card using your sketch!

hugs,
aimes

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com