July Round-Up

Saturday, August 4, 2007

In keeping with every month I do Katie's round-up, and July will be no different! I really love doing these! Was gonna post this yesterday but got sidetracked with the digi store wrinkles that needed ironing out. Had my stuff tested this morning and looks like I did everything right this time! woohooo! go me! It's so much to learn though. But I am getting there.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

No books (nothing new there!). Lots of scrapbook magazines. Especially this one:


Love me some Simple Scrapbooks! I get it every issue (bi-monthly) and this issue ROCKED! Loved everything in it! Lately Simple has really been great! Also read this one:


enjoyed this one too. For me it's better than CK but not up there with SS. Simple will always be my favorite I think.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
Movies: not many. Not that I remember. What is it with my memory? Oh we watched "300". Not a bad movie, I loved the cinematography in it. The storyline was good, but the fighting scenes were just awesome!

What else? Danged if I can remember any other movies! TV well the usual stuff. Psych and Monk started again so put those on the DVR.

What special days did I celebrate and how?
Um, are there any in July? Beside the 4th, which we stayed home cos the dogs hate fireworks! Simon's birthday was this month as I remember. We went out for a meal with him and some other friends.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?

Sent off a couple of RAKs (random acts of kindness). Got a couple too! Erin sent me a lovely package which I got earlier this week. Loving the prima acrylic D's! So awesome!

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Allergies! That one word can say so much! I had such a bad time in July with my allergies. Had a weekend where I was just completely stuffed up. I have some meds but they aren't that effective. Got a doc's appointment on Monday 6th so hopefully get something good before my head explodes.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Went out to Indian restaurant with some friends, love that place. Really into Indian curries. We actually went there on multiple occassions with different friends, lol. Fun hanging out with Simon and Daryll again, we don't see them much. Should make more effort to see Daryll now he lives locally. Oh and we took Gautam and Jos to "follow your heart". Mmmmm nice food there! Killer chocolate raspberry cake! Totally overate though!

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
None that I remember. We went to the usual places. With Bob working some CRAZY hours this month we didn't get chance to go anywhere really or try anything new. In fact I had to throw food out cos most nights he had to work.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

I actually had to buy cardstock and adhesive this month! Most purchases I make now are usually tools. Ran out of white and black cardstock! Can you believe that? I also bought some more rhinestones (shut up Nancy and Robin your "queen of bling" title is safe from me!). I've been looking for a permanant adhesive cartridge for my little "Xyron X" but no-one locally seems to be selling them (or all sold out!).

What were this month's disappointments?
Didn't have any. Other than the never ending snotfest that is my allergies. Really thought I was doing pretty well this year till July hit. I'm still not 100% even with the meds I'm on. Other than that, the lack of time Bob and I spent together was a downer. Hopefully this game gets accepted soon and we can get back to a normal routine! Oh and my computer issues this month! ARGH!

What were my accomplishments this month?
Well a great month! Got a few things picked up for publication. Also some more things to do for magazines. Joined the EDS CT. More articles at scrapstreet. Basically just really busy! Oh and had stuff at CHA on the one heart... one mind booth, as well as in their catalogue! Should get that soon. Got my copy of "Scrapbook and Cards today" with my card in.

Anything else noteworthy to record?
July marked the start of my newsletter going automatic! Bob helped me BIGTIME on this. He set it all up for me and now I just hit send and off it goes! Can I just say what a time saver this is? Cos my husband ROCKS! He really does! The guy is so supportive and helps where he can, especially with all the technical stuff. Love him to bits!

1 comments:

kelli August 5, 2007 at 5:05 AM  

this is such a great idea to recap the month and I am going to lift it. thanks.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com