Looking back....

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Regular blog readers will know I'm switching rooms, literally the room next door, identical but apparently a tiny bit smaller as all my crap won't fit in! Anyway I found a box of memorabilia and started looking through and found this card.

Yes, I made it! Back in 2004 for Bobs birthday (I bought him some guitar lessons hence the music notes). I know it was 2004 cos it has his age written inside. So three years ago exactly (his birthday is August 1st). There are a few things I find hilarious about this card:
  1. I don't think you can tell from the photo that well, but the wording is dry embossed, and "highlighted" with a black marker (and not very well I might add)
  2. This was at the height of my sizzix phase. I can't remember if I bought my sizzix in 2003 or 2004, I know it wasn't long after I started scrapping. I used this music note die twice.
  3. I still have some of that paper! And I still have the embossing stencil I used for the sentiment. I never throw much away. Yet I have never used the paper since, nor the embossing template!
  4. It was before my blog days so I never took a photo or scanned it. I'm not sure when that started (or why). And it was before I found online scrapbooking sites and got into this crazy publishing/DT thing.
  5. I rarely make cards with black cardstock. Or use liners in my cards anymore.
  6. I hadn't even heard of photoshop at this stage of my creative journey!
  7. No seven but it's a nice ending number for a list so had to go up to seven to check you were reading...
So I thought I'd issue a challenge! See if you can find your earliest creation (card, layout, whatever) and post it to your blog! Link me up!!! I wanna see!



Oh and I added these to the store yesterday! Paperclips joined into a flower (like in the sandwashed summer kit). I just enjoyed making them. I think they'd be cool on back to school pages! 18 clipz in the pack, some solids, some patterns, some textured. You can find more details and buy them - here.

7 comments:

Unknown August 23, 2007 at 3:14 PM  

crazy too look back at your early work...I will have to find my first pages in my DDs album.. my first scrapbooking adventure...I am sure it will be a laugh!I will post soon!

Deborah August 23, 2007 at 4:08 PM  

My first attempt was last fall...I will dig out a card! It is so nice to find your blog! You are funny, and I love your approach! Great work and such talent! Deb

Me August 24, 2007 at 6:31 AM  

You were even talented when you didn't know it. The card may not be up to your standards today but for what you were working with at the time, it looks great! It's fun to look back at the past, where we have been and then look forward to where we are. You are truly and inpiration!

Lucy Chesna August 24, 2007 at 8:10 AM  

I did the challenge Di
http://scrapperqueen.blogspot.com/2007/08/challenge-looking-back.html

grambie August 24, 2007 at 3:11 PM  

I didn't scrap until recently although I took online digital scrapping classes. I love to attend online classes and learn various techniques. My first card was made with your template so it is recent, indeed. I never paperscrapped, and since my illness, definitely unable to do so now. It takes me forever to complete one layout, but it gives me something to do. And that is just a basic page scrap. I will have to dig it out and post it so that you can have a good laugh. The black looks good on the photo. That is the fun when you post, it always look better than in person. HUGS!!!

Rachel August 24, 2007 at 5:11 PM  

Di... this entry made me laugh.... Giggle really... no way I am sharing the earlies girl... they certainly do not fair to yours...LOL

Love your new creations girl... I bet they do well!

Rach

Kathi B August 24, 2007 at 10:39 PM  

The first 3 cards I ever made are posted on my blog here: http://stamp-maniac.blogspot.com/2007/08/my-stamping-history-part-1.html

It's so funny to look at those cards now and to see where it all started.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com