Review: Miss Elizabeths tape runner

Thursday, August 30, 2007

The other week I popped into Dollartree, great place to go for things to alter and well quite honestly because we're conscientious dog owners and were running low on dog poop bags, and they are the cheapest. Now Dollartree is a little like garage sales, either trash or treasure! On this day I found treasure.

I always check out the scrapbooking section, any scrapbooker has a natural gravitational pull to craft supplies. After checking out the embellishments I spied these!


Adhesive tape runners! I'm a big fan on tape runners but there are some duds out there in scrapland, I've used a few trust me on this! For a while I've been a Duck or UHU runner, but I figured at a buck I had nothing to loose so naturally I bought 3! *smile* Once home, I unpacked my shopping and then set about creating.

Now for a buck a piece I was naturally cautious, but I was pleasantly surprised. They do the job and they do it WELL! Rolls with ease and sticks VERY well! Seriously! If you put the adhesive in the wrong place the forget it, it's there forever. And if you try to remove it, it'll rip the paper! There is 6m on each runner at 5mm thick, so perfect for ribbon (my main use for these things) and thin strips of card. And don't be confused if you see a different color in your store, they had all colors of the rainbow in my local Dollartree. As far as I could tell there was no difference between them. Just colors to match your scraproom I guess? lol!

I've been using them for a week or two now and love them. I had one gunk up on me, but I put that down to user error after I tried to roll it upside down (it was a late night scrap session!). Thankfully they are easy to unclip apart and I picked out the lump of adhesive, put it back together and rolled on!

BIG THUMBS UP FOR DOLLARTREE!
(just don't use it if you want to reposition something! lol)


10 comments:

Crystal August 30, 2007 at 8:07 PM  

Ive used a few of these and I liked them ok. Mine worked more like the repositoinal tape runners out there. But that was a while back almost a year ago to be exact.
also if someone doesnt have a dollar tree Oriental trading has a 3 pack for just under 4 bucks. They are the exact same ones.

Ginny August 30, 2007 at 11:31 PM  

I bought one of these for kids to use & it does work very well. They have little 6 x 6 books & they take them all over the place. My 6 year old is very rough with her book & the adhesive holds great. They are a good buy!

shawnyrvr August 31, 2007 at 1:27 AM  

Wow... Our Dollar Trees have never had adheisives up to this point I'll have to check it out the next time I'm there. Thanks!

Allison August 31, 2007 at 5:13 AM  

Thank you for posting this review! I have caressed these at my local $Tree but resisted. Now I can spend! Thanks again!

Jolene August 31, 2007 at 5:20 AM  

Great tip! I have used paper, rub ons and stickers from Dollar Tree but never the tape runners. Off to check it out!

kelli August 31, 2007 at 7:22 AM  

OOH another place to shop. my car on vacations always finds the scrapbooking stores.

grambie August 31, 2007 at 9:48 AM  

Just love to visit you to say hello and read your interesting newsletter. Although, I do not paper scrap and have no personal experience with these items, it is indeed interesting to read the various comments. So have fun everybody with your tape runner. I use to sew and had customers, so I do know most of the terminology. HUGS!!!

Anonymous,  August 31, 2007 at 9:00 PM  

What a coincidence! I bought one from my dollar store a while ago and was reluctant to use it. I'm meeting my group for a crop tomorrow so while packing my bags, I decided I would take it with and give it a try. I then log onto your blog and LOW AND BEHOLD!! Thank you so much for the review! I am going to get more tomorrow!

KristiYaYa September 1, 2007 at 2:00 PM  

Yes indeedy!!! These are a great product from Dollar Tree. I've been using them for about 6 mos. I go in and buy 10 at a time. It's not unusual for me to use 2 at a sitting. There are two different sizes now. I only buy the narrow ones because there are more inches and they do the same job! If you compare to namebrands, you can buy two and get as much as one of the name brand ... but still spend 60% less~~!!!!! LOVE IT!
Also love their paper kits and stickers.
A digi scrapper who can't give up my tactile world!
KristiYaYa

Anonymous,  September 2, 2007 at 9:33 AM  

Hi
We have these over in England and they are known as mice, slightly different shape but basically the same. The different colours over here indicate different glues, blue is plain glue, turquoise for vellum etc.

Like you I think they are brill, especially for ribbons.

love the column and samples, well done

Christine

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com