Marvelous Monday!

Monday, September 10, 2007

I'm in a super cheery mood this Monday! This morning we had our bathroom floor tile installed, and two new toilets installed so we have BOTH bathrooms functioning again! YAY! Now I need to clean up and banish Bob back into the en suite bathroom. Speaking of Bob he's working from home today. But by far the BEST news today is my SSN came today! Woohooo! I can finally work.

So I thought I'd share this card I made earlier this year and dedicate it to the INS, and the SSN offices.

Patterned papers, rub-ons & trim: one heart... one mind; Rhinestones: misc; Ghost Flower: Heidi Swapp;

Just in case any of the new blog readers are wondering what the heck I'm talking about: We're from England (city of Derby to be exact, any Derbyshire scrappers reading? aside from you Mum!) and we moved to California in 2001.

8 comments:

Jolene September 10, 2007 at 7:34 PM  

Yay for the SSN!! Congrats and (officially) welcome!

Aimeslee Winans September 10, 2007 at 10:47 PM  

Many congrats, Di and thanks for doing it legally, girl!

hugs,
aimes xoxo

Me September 11, 2007 at 6:34 AM  

Whoo! Hoo! Does it get any better?! And you have two bathrooms now!! I could never live without two bathrooms again! LOL!

Anonymous,  September 11, 2007 at 7:26 AM  

Congratulations on the SSN and what a beautiful card!

Unknown September 11, 2007 at 9:20 AM  

Congratulations on the SSN and the bathroom! Two wonderful and necessary things.

Anonymous,  September 12, 2007 at 6:34 AM  

Great news about the SSN Di just hope that you dont get a job till after we have been :-) 6 weeks to go Yippee love you
xxxxxxxx

grambie September 12, 2007 at 12:29 PM  

Wow, you not only moved here from England, but then traveled completely across the country to get to CA.

Congratulations on receiving your SS card the legal way and without assistance from the taxpayers of the US. I could tell you some horror stories about certain people because I worked at SSA here in Baltimore for 5 years. Things have really changed. My daughter through marriage from Japan also received her SS card legally. She is in school right now. She was a nurse in Japan.

I know you love your bathroom after the installation of the new items. My daughter and her husband just moved into their retirement home with everything on one level with a guest suite on the top half. She is not retiring anytime soon, but said she is making sure she is settled. She got a 100% return on her home sale here in Baltimore County. Since you are from England, then I guess the sticker shock of CA might not be too bad. It gives me heart palpitation just thinking about property prices out there for old homes built in the 60s and earlier. Enough chat, but I hope you enjoy your new home and you and dd have a wonderful and enriched life. HUGS!!!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com