September is a busy month

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

for cards in our family. Both sets of parents anniversarys, an aunt & uncle, plus it's our anniversary too, and then birthdays. So I thought I'd share a couple of the cards I made for the upcoming anniversary's. I can't share them all, as my mother does check my blog so hers will be saved for a future blog post (and sketch!) at the end of the month.

Ok first up is one using the latest sketch. When I make sketches I often make a few cards with the one sketch, usually I'll save some of the cards to post in the week, and this is an example of that. I wanted to see if anyone would think to cut the card on the angle. I did see one so far that actually cut the card. I think the sketch works great for this, or a tri-fold card? Come on, get you're thinking caps on! lol! Warning- blurry photo ahead!

Supplies: Patterned paper: (text) Masterpiece studio's; (Stripe) DCWV; Silver cardstock: Unknown; Bling & Flower: Walmart

Supplies: Patterned paper: (text) Masterpiece studio's; (floral) DCWV; Silver cardstock: Unknown; Stamp: Fiskars; Ink: Joannes, Rubber Stampede; Silver pen: sharpie; Plaid dimensional glaze; Photo Mount: Unknown

As for the text paper, it's been in my scrap stash a while, and I apparently tore off the tear strip the last time I used it (a LONG time ago). If anyone knows who makes this text patterned paper, can you leave me a comment, or email me, thanks! **UPDATE - Found it! Masterpiece studio's! Thanks Jolene!**

Also why did it not occur to me to use a different background when photographing these? I swear they aren't levitating in mid air really!

3 comments:

Jolene September 4, 2007 at 11:43 AM  

I think my stash *might* go as deep as yours! I have that anniversary paper. Here's the info from the UPC strip:

Rainboworld by Masterpiece Studios, Anniversary Time

Hope that helps! And I'm going to give the tri-fold card a try, too!

Me September 4, 2007 at 11:46 AM  

I need to use up stash! As usual, your ideas are awesom!!!

DSD-Pro September 4, 2007 at 12:57 PM  

Hi Di,
I love the yummy papers you used in making these cards. I need to set some time aside to sort through my stash and use up the extra's too.

This is my first visit to your blog and I gotta tell ya, I'm super impressed. I'm loving all the designs you are sharing with your visitors and the fabulous information sources as well.

Sharing some link lovins your way with a stumble today and I'll be back for more - that's for sure!

~ Cindy Angiel ~
aka Paint Chip

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com